Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Scenes question in FPSC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2009 22:54
I have been away from this for quite a while. I would like to know if if you can do real outdoor scenes such as walking through a forest or climbing a hill or walking through a field?

Also is there any type of free segment editors and entity editors out there? I tried the ones here at TGC and couldn't even get the videos to work. I think I tried them in the past and they didn't work well. I have an Idea but I don't want to use anything that comes with FPSC. I want to make original stuff.

Dragonslayer
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2009 23:06
you CAN
but I don't know if you WANT TO

it'll lagg like molasses on a cold winters day.
well, unless you have one of those epic computers. than I forsee around 32 fps still.

add me on skype- isaacpreston. WWC percentage complete: 22%
Dragon slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2009 00:20
That's what I thought. What can you use to build entities and segments. I want to make my own. Or can I re texture the stock stuff
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2009 00:44
Quote: "Or can I re texture the stock stuff"

yes you can

As soon as Ive got dark shader I will be looking at the texture editor in that to see what I can create

http://image.fps-files.com/images/56Watermod_Logo.bmp[/img]
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2009 01:18 Edited at: 8th Nov 2009 01:21
Quote: "it'll lagg like molasses on a cold winters day.
well, unless you have one of those epic computers. than I forsee around 32 fps still."

Not if your level is optimised properly, if your creating your own models then outdoor levels without lag is very feasible. I could get 32fps wth V1.4 (no mod and before speed improvements) on a low spec comp with an entire outdoor and indoor environment, you can actually use less polys to cover the same area than if segments are used, as you only require one plane for most terrain, objects, walls etc..
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2009 04:20
I have made several medium size, terrainy outdoor environments on a comp with

fpsc v1.15
fenix mod
512mb ram
2.80 ghz processor
intel extreme graphics controller 2

and the BEST fps I've EVER got (even when all scenes were custom made to be low poly) is around 25. mostly slinking back to around 20, and as low as 10

add me on skype- isaacpreston. WWC percentage complete: 22%
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2009 00:08 Edited at: 9th Nov 2009 00:31
Quote: "I have made several medium size, terrainy outdoor environments
and the BEST fps I've EVER got (even when all scenes were custom made to be low poly) is around 25. mostly slinking back to around 20, and as low as 10"

Looks like all you really need is more ram.
The comp I test on has lower specs than yours, with a gig of ram.
fpsc v1.4
1024mb ram
1.80 ghz processor
Nvidea GO 6100 512mb integrated.
Personally I cant comment on the maps you have built or the media you have used, but I can assure you that large outdoor environments need not lag badly if optimised fully.
I see a lot of posts saying this and that cant be done mostly with outdoor maps, such as enemy collision wont work properly with custom terrain, which can be achieved, not easily, but it can be done.
The reason I say all this is that I know with some work it is entirely possible, you say what you know from your own tests and I also, my own experience says it can be done

Image from Eldora, fps31 constant (no mod) FPSC V 1.4.
This level had a lot of terrain, trees cottage, walls etc, lower levels had a lot of tunnels, theres a lot of media in there not just what you see in the image, no lag, had one point next to a tree where the player could be stuck due to overhang from leaves, solved by making the leaves no collision. The thing most likely to make this level lag was the sunbeam decals.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 05:25:04
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 05:25:04