Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [X10] FREE4ALL (Multiplayer)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2009 12:35 Edited at: 31st Aug 2010 14:09

Developer:
Concept Games

Discription:

The year is 2011, And due to the loss of taste in football, soccer, and other previous forms of entertaiment. The people craved more and thus the FREE4ALL show was born. People from all around the world sign up to fight in these battles to the death for wealth and glory among the people. Their home is known as nothing more than the 'Arena' - Filled will multiple vantage points, camping spots, and loaded with fast spawning but low damage, low ammo weapons its one hell of a fight where every shot counts and everyone is your enemy.

12 Contestants...
...1 Winner...
...Alot of bullets

Screenshots:

Download Link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2D3F6R3O

Contact Info:

Have you played the game and have suggestions for us? Feel free to email me at: tyler_5393@hotmail with your subject listed as 'FREE4ALL' Please, no spam messages

Hmm...
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 16th Nov 2009 02:55 Edited at: 15th Oct 2010 22:09
edit2

Concept Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2009 08:40
No, we did put some time into this. It was just me and another team member

It went from just a simple few corners with some guns and stuff to a multi level map with a few good vantage points and some well thought out places to put guns. I can understand you probably dont like it but thats quite fine, i hope some people took some intrest into this at least.

If not i somewhat noticed multiplayer arena games dont go so well here in the forums and im thinking about maybe starting a actual multi-level single player game project.

But i welcome your comments General Jackson, and anyone else who might have any.

Hmm...
Essal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2009 08:33
Sorry for critisising, but is this REALLY a FPSC x10 game?

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2009 19:19
Quote: "You did mean minutes, right?"

You understand how much time it requires to make a game, even a demo it takes hours. If you want to make it good.

Can you survive from the horrors of the hidden land Occulo?
Concept Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2009 01:54
@Essal - Yes it is, does it not look like one?

@metal devil - exactly... but he is new around here so i dont think he knows that yet

Me and my other team member had ideas for bots, ranks, and kits - however we didnt that the time nor the resources for that since we have been working on another project for about 2 years. And i made multiple maps for this game just to find out you can only have one? i never knew that.

We are thinking about adding ranks, bots, and kits in the next build but dont have the time to do this atm, so if you enjoy the game... and would like to see it become better feel free to email me if you have scripts, or anything else we can use.

-Tyler

Hmm...
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Nov 2009 21:10 Edited at: 15th Oct 2010 22:09
edit3

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2009 21:52 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2009 21:53
you could give them usefull comment like :

* add lightsources for realism
* use other segments ( or more variation )
* its too empty, try to add some models, placed to hide/take cover
* maybe some destroyed stuff

* try to use other model (no stock)

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2009 22:55
Calm down GJ its not that bad looking. And in comparison to Concept Games you are new (as am I )

The look of it reminds me somewhat of Red Faction 2 though it doesn't look like there is much cover so you might want to fix that. And bots in multiplayer are impossible right now without major modification to the source code..that is if you were talking about multiplayer rather than singleplayer when you mentioned bots. Overall it needs some work, maybe utilize a few different segment textures but keep it up and soon enough you'll have a good multiplayer map there.

dark peanut

current projects: a game about a guy
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Nov 2009 23:27 Edited at: 15th Oct 2010 22:08
Edit

Amyrildora
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2009 05:38
lol lay off him General all though I do see your point this does look like a very bland map..but still Im sure it took a while I dont doubt the time he put into it, and I think it looks rather decent.

But in my opinion I don't think fpsc does the best with multiplayer so I don't ever play multiplayer maps
My point is this -- It looks like a decent map and some constructive criticism would be nice general lol

Give into The Night!
dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2009 00:22 Edited at: 25th Nov 2009 00:24
I don't see how he is lying and look at Tanya. She's been here far longer than most and has never made a single thread. Not posting on the forums is in no way a reflection of your skills. But let stop the arguments . I think this would work very well as an abstract styled deathmatch with some more work. As I said like something out of an older game.

dark peanut

current projects: a game about a guy
Crazy Cam10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2009 08:57
Me n' a few mates tried it. The map design REALLY reminds me of quake, without the eyesoring graphics @200FPS and bunnyhopping aha xD

Great map mate, keep it up

Cam Ownz You!!

www.gamingstuff.co.nr
Concept Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2009 04:11 Edited at: 30th Nov 2009 05:52
@General Jackson - Not saying you were being mean in any way, just not as respectful as i had hoped. However although i cant model, rig, or anything else that involves making models however i do have a little bit of experience with textures and im rather good with DB Pro.

Yes i dont post alot but thats because im busy doing other things, however if your an RCP user (Realm Crafter) then you might know my alias of tyler_5393 - im always active there.

And this project took a few days... personally i wouldnt of taken that long, but our texture artist was being slow (he is new) and in the end we didnt even use his work... so yeah, i dont make games to show them off, i make them because i enjoy them and want others to have the same feeling. If that doesnt apply to you, well im sorry although i do enjoy your comments

I will admit i only toy with FPSC X10 on my free time, but as a past FPSC user (and somewhat dedicated) i put all the knowledge i had into this.

@mgarand - we did have quite a bit of lighting i agree i should have used more variation and some models out of stock but as of now all i have is swords, medieval buildings, and other medieval themed objects (another project) now when you suggest walls and forms of cover i thought the sections of the area would do and players could peak around them... but i can understand what your trying to say

@Amyrildora - i think i should take your advice on making arena games... TGC didnt really put much time into it and i cant really make it much better without source modification.

@crazy cam10 - thank you i might of used a quake theme without knowing mainly because when quake was big... we had LAN parties at my house, i was and suppose i still am a huge fan of quake as for the eyesoring graphics, sorry for that but you can change the lighting using the '<' and '>' keys in-game

Hmm...
prasoc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2009 17:38 Edited at: 4th Dec 2009 17:39
General Jackson: Seriously why are you calling him a liar with no basis whatsoever? Games take wayyy more than a few minutes to make, even the "simple" stuff. So what if he can't model, rig etc?

Concept: I know how hard it is to make a good map with vantage points, etc the map does look a bit vague but with a few extra textures and models the *level layout* will really shine (no, not bumpmapping )

jojje
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2009 20:29
Yeah! Even a "simple" game takes it's time
DukeDudeston
Years of Service
User Offline
Just been reading the posts, seems funny how people judge how good people are at making games by how often they post. Maybe the reason they are not posting is because they are actually making the games?

I am not brilliant at making games, but then I do it for a laugh for myself, if my friends want to try them out I will show them.
and as for the "hours of planning" thing.. this is true, IF you are planning the whole game, how it works, what enemies to have, how many levels, how the transistion between levels is going to happen. It doesn't take an expert to know that you can't just Jump in, and expect to make a top notch game.

Although I will say, just going by the screenshots, I don't think asking people for a donation just yet is a good idea.

It does look quite bland, The screenshots aren't urging me to download the game at all, seems to be missing entities, and maybe a bit of variation with the textures so you can navigate your way around a bit better. Thats my two pennies on the matter.

Good job though.
gta player
Years of Service
User Offline
hey great game and hey does any body have a ip sever
Concept Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2010 03:10
Donawick, we dont have a website dedicated to the team, but we are making a MMORPG with years of development behind it. Its not done yet, nor will it be for a few extra months however if you like you can sign up for free and perhaps get into the beta when it opens up

We will have a website dedicated to my company within a few months but right now im short on man power so things are going slow and i must have people do other things.

our upcoming games website: www.dreadedfate.com

Please keep in mind that this website is still in development and wont be done till later this summer.

Thanks!

Hmm...
the angry programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2010 04:24
concept games, why is making a website taking so long? i learnt HTTP language in a few days and it does not really seem that hard to make a webpage? hm, anyway how are you making yours? all i can find is those premade websites like mine
jules
Years of Service
User Offline
from where did you get the Ak47 for fps x10
WWIV Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2010 18:33
Quote: "The year is 2011, And due to the loss of taste in football"

Doesnt seem possible.... I mean millions watch football in 2010.

Anyway, its a good map.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 20:13
Quote: "checked the guys profile, and he has made but 1 other thread, that made no sense."

Hate to dig up old posts, but for an example: how many threads have Tanya made?

Quote: "from where did you get the Ak47 for fps x10 "

Model Packs work in x10.

Nice to see this thread living again!

Heimo Vesa ROCKS!!!!!
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "New around here? lol
I bet you cant rig, animate model, texture, program,blablabla.

Not to be mean, but that did NOT take hours...and if it did you need some serious practice.
I can show you a game that has detail and looks great, and it didnt take hours.
No offense but this is rather newbie.

I AM NOT being mean, just declaring the facts"

Who are you to judge how "newbie" a game is? And the idea of FPS Creator is that you don't HAVE to rig and program, you made ONE pack of cheap Call of Duty 4 knock-off scopes and you think you have what it takes to be in big-business game making? Please.

Anyway, the map is good, could use a bit of work, but nice job.

I just now realized I've had a typo in my signature for the past 3 years.
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2010 06:23
First off: I played around the map by myself and it gave me the oldschool 90's arena game feel. I think it would be great fun to play with some friends for a while. However, it could use some variation and the inconsistency with hands was apparent. Other than that I thought it was pretty nice

Second off:
I bet you cant rig, animate model, texture, program,blablabla.

Not to be mean, but that did NOT take hours...and if it did you need some serious practice.
I can show you a game that has detail and looks great, and it didnt take hours.
No offense but this is rather newbie.

I AM NOT being mean, just declaring the facts"

I have to agree with crispex here...the huge thing that sells FPSC is that you don't have to know how to code, "rig, model, texture, program, blablabla." Declaring the facts? That entire thing is an unsupported opinion. You have no evidence of a game that "has detail and looks great and it didn't take hours." And you even said you almost never use FPSC before, so how can you call someone that uses an entirely different program than you a newb if you don't even use it?

Third:
Quote: "I just now realized I've had a typo in my signature for the past 3 years."

^^That made me laugh.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=166194&b=25
Rads, revived for the X10 Revival on May 29th, 2010
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2010 14:46
Quote: "I just now realized I've had a typo in my signature for the past 3 years."

lol... made my day!

Concept Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 13:33 Edited at: 31st Aug 2010 14:08
Quote: "First off: I played around the map by myself and it gave me the oldschool 90's arena game feel. I think it would be great fun to play with some friends for a while. However, it could use some variation and the inconsistency with hands was apparent. Other than that I thought it was pretty nice "

Glad you liked it, yeah it was bland ill admit - as i had said in my first post, it was just a few hours of work. FPSC X10 has been sitting there since day 1 and i thought i would get together with a friend and make a little arena map.

Quote: "[quote]"The year is 2011, And due to the loss of taste in football""

Doesn't seem possible.... I mean millions watch football in 2010[/quote]

Personally, over the last few years i have started watching football less and less. That is most likely why i had put that.

Finally: i MIGHT make an update to this game soon if interest is that great. FPSC IP looks like something perfect for a FPSC arena game.

Quote: "I bet you cant rig, animate model, texture, program,blablabla."

Just so i can state the obvious (since people seem to comment it a lot)

Yes, i cannot model, rig, or animate - simple because i hate modeling so much, that i avoid it. However, i can program in DBP very well and many other various programming languages.

Any interest in this game?

Quote: "concept games, why is making a website taking so long? i learnt HTTP language in a few days and it does not really seem that hard to make a webpage? hm, anyway how are you making yours? all i can find is those premade websites like mine"

That website has been up since day 1 ours is coded by hand. I didn't code it however, a friend made that for me and has not been able to work on it since. Sooner or later it will be looking really nice

Hmm...
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
I bet you cant rig, animate model, texture, program,blablabla."

Constructive comments were on your toilets at that moment CJ?

Concept Games,
That's looking pure crap, nah LOL
Its pretty boxy i have to say, ratherly because you are using the same segment, over.. and over again, i bet you can add more personality to this by at least, changing the floor from the ceiling
Also, i love the idea i know its been used in LOTS of games, but when i hear it, its so fresh, so new so

Good Luck with that CG

NinjaKiller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2010 19:43
I just wanted to make a statement on judging the quality of the game designer by how "new" they are. For example, me. I think of myself as a fair map designer, and have been using FPS Creator since 1.0. I've been there to watch it grow just like everyone else. I just didn't know thegamecreators.com existed until the fps creator website shut down.

-Ninjakiller
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2010 02:13
Huge bump...?

Redoing my entire website... again. EDIT: Finished it! Whew.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 03:51:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 03:51:28