Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Comp entry :Alien Concert

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2003 16:54
Here is the latest demo of my alien concert game, its basically finsihed, but im thinking of making it a non free roam camera game and a fixed position viewpoints that you can change between game. Controls are arrows to move, 1 thru 6 to pick your songs. the rest is told in game. with 20 concert goers and 20 lights i get 29 fps, lower machines might use less, and yes lights affect that ambient lighting but not by much as it seems.
http://www.angelfire.com/wizard2/unpotkf/alienconcert.zip
should work.

Inkybro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2003 18:09
Hey! Not bad, whenever I first saw the aliens I laughed, (I'm trying to stay unrevealed to my parents, they think I'm asleep), so that probably gave me away, but oh well. I have my sound down, is there music?

Keep working, I can see something good come of that!

Don't turn your back on me, I won't be ignored! Faint - Linkin Park

One minute your on top! Next you're not, watch you drop! Linkin Park- Hit the Floor
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2003 18:25 Edited at: 1st Sep 2003 19:39
Hehe I sense dancing aliens

I'll try it now.

[Edit]

Played it now. Erm, what do you do? I walked around and chose a song to play.
If that is all you do, try add some game and that'll be a great!

ps - Loved the dancing aliens!!!
pps - maybe you could make it so you control an alien, and have to press keys to a rhythmn, a bit like dancing games you get for the consoles - that'd be great.

Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't
Bus station = where bus stops. Train station = where train stops. Workstation = ?
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2003 19:36
LMAO!

Looks great so far, you might wanna consider building a small stadium for the aliens to dance in. Maybe have it so, if you press and arrow key one way they do one dance move, and one arrow another way, they do a different one.

Looks great so far.(get some sound in it )

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2003 00:00
What a strange game! Dancing aliens are mad! Can't fathom out the logic behind playing different tunes. Press 1-6 and song appears on screen but doesn't play properly.

The programmer formerly known as sonic
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2003 02:23
post some screenies

Hell Begins September 2nd at 7:30 AM. Yep, schools starting soon. Ordered Dark Basic Pro. 1-3 Weeks remaining!
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2003 11:53
yeah for now its just a midi player and i cant get them to dance different cause they come animated with one dance move, but i may make them do jumps or ducks at random. and the game itself will be try to please the crowd, by selecting differnt songs etc. and it wont be a free roaming camera it will just be a select camera angle thing. As for songs not playing properly, what do you mean? some of them are slow cause they are slow midis or maybe something is wrong with it running on your comp, for me they play fine, send me your specs and i will see what goes.thnks for the interest guys

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:33:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:33:34