Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

PureGDK / Compiled Application and Windows Vista

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Mistrel (or anyone who may be able to help),

I just wrote an app, which compiles and works perfect on my system.
I am on Windows XP SP3.

However, when I sent the app to my dad to try, it does not run.
He gets dll errors, which sound like perhaps directX related.
I did search the forums, and found that Vista perhaps needs directX 9 installed, as well as links to the redistributable.

I sent him the link, he installed the directX 9 redistributable, and my app is still not working on his machine, with dll errors when he tries to run it.

I have not called any external dlls that I am aware of.
Only standard pureGDK functions, and a few objects created using extends functions.

Does anyone have any advice what I should look at.
As I said, it works perfect on my XP system. And I do not have Vista here to experiment first hand with it unfortunately.

Thanks,
Dave
aonyn
Years of Service
User Offline
BTW, I sent the same app to a friend, who is using windows7 and it worked on his machine. I don't know if that provides any clues or not.

regards,
Dave
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Vista and Windows 7 does not come with DirectX 9. There are also several different versions of DirectX 9 so always try to find the most recent or run the web-based installer instead of a redistributable.

To determine if this is a PureGDK issue or a DBP issue try sending him a DBP executable with a spinning cube and see if that sets off the error.

Also, I kind of need to know what the error says to be of any further help. I can only guess without seeing it.

aonyn
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks again Mistrel,

I will try the spinning cube and web based installer, and see what I can find.

If I still can't find the solution, I will get him to send me the exact error message.

regards,
Dave

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:01:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:01:24