Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Enemies opening doors?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2009 05:06
I was wondering if it was possible for an enemy to open doors instead of just running into them and attacking through them. I searched and found a thread with a solution of the door becoming a remote door after its opened, but i need for the door to stay normal, and just open when you press enter. I just want the enemy to be able to open it also. Is this possible?

At night i lay awake on my bed, gazing up at the stars, and i wonde-hey, where'd the roof go?
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 10th Nov 2009 05:12
the best way to do this is to animated your modle to open doors, then script them to when they aproch a door then they play that animation then the door opens. of course this is alot of work just for a door, there are auto doors that open if any one is near.

DSW
King Of Khaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2009 05:39
Could i make it so the door opens automatically only when an enemy walks near, while the player has to press enter for it to open?

At night i lay awake on my bed, gazing up at the stars, and i wonde-hey, where'd the roof go?
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 10th Nov 2009 06:20
No, the reason is becouse the door has its own script to open the way it is scripted to open, now if you opened that script then changed it to work this way then im shure you could but in all reality I dont know how realistic it would be as most all the people in fpsc walk strait through walls and such.it would have to be timed I think.

DSW
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 10th Nov 2009 08:00
Actually you can do it by making a custom script if an entity is in range of the door it opens.Daniel got it all wrong.

[href]http://sites.google.com/site/chargedstudios/home[href]
"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2009 08:24
Its possible with a little effort.
1.Make the door an automatic door and spawn the enemy behind the door with a trigger so when the enemy spawns the door opens
2.Opon death of the enemy have the door destroyed
3.Include in the door script to spawn a new "usable" door when the auto door is destroyed.

I hope its somehow understandable

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 10th Nov 2009 08:29
Daniel got it all wrong.

well, at the end there i did say i think, I have seen this done but with unrealitic looks, I even tryed The Storyteller 01 way described here, but it did not work well. so can it be done, yes, can it be done and still look right? no.I guess I should have explained my thoughts a little better in detail. sorry guys

DSW
Codename 47
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2009 14:24
Quote: "Its possible with a little effort.
1.Make the door an automatic door and spawn the enemy behind the door with a trigger so when the enemy spawns the door opens
2.Opon death of the enemy have the door destroyed
3.Include in the door script to spawn a new "usable" door when the auto door is destroyed.
"

I agree with that post.

I suck at making games.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 05:17:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 05:17:19