Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Few Noobie Questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I just started FPS Creator and I am officially a noob.
Can someone answer these questions?

1. I want to make a FPS that has good graphics. Without a mod, the regular FPSC looks bad. Can anyone suggest a FREE mod that has a lot of capabilities?

2. Are there any scripting tutorials?

3. I need help with level design... Any tutorials? Thanks.

Hai There
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 01:14
Unhelpful Titles

Please do not simply write "Noob Question", "I am a newb", "One Noobie Question", "A question", "Please help", "This isn't working" or anything similar as the title of your post. We have a search facility, and meaningless titles do not help others find answers to their questions. It will also help you to get quicker responses if people have an idea of your thread content.

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 01:45
Nickydude strikes again

Well hello LolCakeLazors and welcome to the forums! Hopefully you've at least been playing around with FPSC for a little while, getting used to the basics and fundamentals. You can learn a lot with the program by just simply playing around with it and trying different things out.

Now first of all, you'll want to check out Nickydude's magnificant guide that he put together for the community, it will help you in learning essentially everything you need to know. Scripting tutorials along with level design tips and information can be found within...

Here's the link - http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=131868&b=21

As for your mod question, the answer is yes. There are some wonderful free mods in our community, created by some very generous and talented individuals.

Fenix Mod - http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=155710&b=21

Project Green FE - http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=160050&b=21

Those are two of the best (strictly by opinion), of the free available mods for download, you can check out their homepages and read up on their features. Each harbour a most desired feature however, of helping maintain good FPS rates (decreasing lag) in very entity populated scenes or large outdoor areas and such.

Hope this helps, and just remember - if you have any further questions, we urge you to consult that community guide I linked you to first, it really does have almost all the answers you may ever need

Once again, welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here, and we're looking forward to seeing a game or project with your name on it

Just remember to have fun!

Cheers

Life would be much easier if I had the source code.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 01:52
1. I want to make a FPS that has good graphics. Without a mod, the regular FPSC looks bad. Can anyone suggest a FREE mod that has a lot of capabilities?

well, try project blue for nice full screen shaders, It costs money, but It's your best bet. or, you could try EFX mod. other than that- graphics are up to the amount of high quality models you have, and your lightmapping and level designing talent

2. Are there any scripting tutorials?

plenty, even one written by plystire himself. go to fpsFREE.com and find the tutorials section

3. I need help with level design... Any tutorials? Thanks.

the only way to improve on level design is to practice. look at some of the amazing things done with FPSC, and use them to inspire you to do great things. Best I can say.

add me on skype- isaacpreston. WWC percentage complete: 22%
DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 02:53
Quote: "project blue"

Quote: "FREE mod"

How about Project Green?

Hey, LolCakeLazors, if you like Nazi Zombies, try out Z-Mod. awsome stuff!

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

http://www.uncaged.co.uk/pg.htm
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict" - M.L.K.J.
Stop P&G from testing on animals.
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Well if u want good graphics using FPSC Ill be honest. You need x10 but expect problems. An using FPSC x9 has alot of problems as well. So best thing is make your own models is only way to get decent graphics. Which means alot of work. Probly more then you want to put into making the game.
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Models aren't the only thing you need to worry about to get good graphics. You must have decent textures too.

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 05:17:36
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 05:17:36