Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / link to EFX mod V2

Author
User Banned
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 14:42
http://www.prismatoid.de/fpscreator/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3950&forum=1

it is german, but google toolbar will translate it.

DAGGERSHATTER GAMES

Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
before any Mod locks this thread, I think its now allowed to post the link to the german version!

It´s is no problem for us because its an beta and also has german language only.

So if you guys can work with this version, do it ^^

... efxMod Developer!
baggins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 17:30 Edited at: 12th Nov 2009 01:59
I wouldn't bother I dont think it will work as its German this means that it is probably only for German Windows as I get an error when installing saying it cant find the path specified, which I suppose is the default path. So instead of c:\TheGameCreators\FPSCreator
its something like c:\Dasgammencreatoren\FPSCreatoren or something it certainly didnt work for me anyway.
To be exact Runtime Error 8003 Could not find path at line 18150??

=edited for smilies, I didnt want to come off as a speechist

there just has to be light at the end of the tunnel, even if its only a birthday candle....and cake!
Asteric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 20:26
Works fine 100% for me.

Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 20:42 Edited at: 11th Nov 2009 20:44
Quote: "To be exact Runtime Error 8003 Could not find path at line 18150"

You simply have to create a new folder in your "files" Directory called "Flex", it will work then, the folder is needed for temporary shader-files or something...

Quote: "So instead of c:\TheGameCreators\FPSCreator
its something like c:\Dasgammencreatoren\FPSCreatoren or something"

No, it's installed in "C:\Programme\The Game Creators\FPS Creator" on german computers... we have a "Programme" directory instead of "programs".

-Doomster

baggins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2009 02:07 Edited at: 12th Nov 2009 02:10
Quote: "No, it's installed in "C:\Programme\The Game Creators\FPS Creator" on german computers... we have a "Programme" directory instead of "programs". "

So does that mean I need to reinstall in folders as in the quote

I tried adding the "Flex" folder to my Files folder and I still get the same error

My install is not in the default location, why cant the devs get the path from the registry and create a flex folder if it doesnt exist

there just has to be light at the end of the tunnel, even if its only a birthday candle....and cake!
baggins
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay so I uninstalled and reinstalled and updated to 1.15 and added the Flex folder I tried both c:\Programme\The Game Creators\FPS Creator and C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator but neither worked. The installer still cannot find the path?

Also, my version was just newly purchased in case anyone is wondering!

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2009 04:14
You are supposed to put the flex folder into you Files directory. If I'm not allowed to tell you that, please, someone let me know, and I'll edit it out gladly.

I have an old version of efxMod, and this Flex thing is quite new as far as I'm concerned. I saw it on the German Forums the other day, I already knew about this, but...

I still don't think you're supposed to post this. Other efxMod links have been locked and removed.

baggins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2009 06:15 Edited at: 12th Nov 2009 06:17
Okay "folder" or "directory" they are the same to me. I put the "flex" folder into the "files" directory on each install prior to attempting to install the EFX Mod V2.

In each case as stated above I updated to 1.15 as required prior to attempting to install EFX Mod V2.

I installed FPSC in the default directory structure and in the German style default directory structure but in none of the attempts has it worked.

As far as posting is concerned "Dark Goblin" is one of the devs I think and I am sure he would be getting almightily upset if it wasnt allowed.

Asteric: can you just illuminate us with what version you were running and whether you had to create the "flex" folder ie more info about how you installed please.

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2009 17:18
in your files folder make a new folder called flex. Then replace the efx exe with the orig exe or any other mods you have

Personally , I made a mod folder in my fpsc directory and it has about 5 mods in there that I D'Led

http://image.fps-files.com/images/56Watermod_Logo.bmp[/img]
Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
be sure to write the folder like this: "Flex"

Than copy over the Mod content and try it again.
The Installation Path is not needed because the Mod does not use this path, its just using the common Files Folder which is easy to acces through the SourceCode.

So I don´t have a clue, why efxMod is not working for you right now.
Maybe you haven´t written the Foldername right, because for everyone else it is working perfectly.

Please give us some more Information if it still does not work.

DG

... efxMod Developer!
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2009 21:22
hm... i'm just testing a game with it now. (no errors so far)

Can you solve the mystery of bunker 413?
Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
you should know that the actual efxMod version is not usable for a game, because the cameras are not destroyed after you finished a level.
So if you load the next level, you have twice the amount of cams you normally have.
Thats a bug we know and we will definately fix next time ^^

... efxMod Developer!
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2009 16:17
cool, it was very good, but unfortunately my comp can't handle those kind of graphics, so i can't use it.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2009 21:31
Quote: "my comp can't handle those kind of graphics"

I don't blame the graphics... my computer is far more capable than FPSC makes it seem.

The one and only,

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
FPS Creator is simply a RAM hog. Graphics are rather average for FPS Creator, it's just that all the time it takes to optimize the environment and game to the best of it's ability just kills your RAM (at least it does for me).

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2009 10:20 Edited at: 14th Nov 2009 10:21
must kill a lot... i have 2GB of ram on my computer.

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2009 13:33
yea , I have 4gb but since im with 32bit vista it only uses 3gb

Fps creator does use loads of memory though, If I renember, there was a command in the source telling fpsc to use all the remaining memory.

http://image.fps-files.com/images/56Watermod_Logo.bmp[/img]
god games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2009 18:35 Edited at: 18th Nov 2009 00:55
people read this as you want get it work
go to the files folder and make a new folder with the name 'flex'
and run fps creator

don't move handsup
tfkdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2009 20:59 Edited at: 20th Nov 2009 21:00
hi! please help,i did make a folder called flex,and when i run the fpsc game directly it works,BUT,when i try to use fps creator it will say runtime error 5104 could not create memblock at line 9978,what did i do wrong? before i installed i had pheonix mod,i have version 109,and i didnt have the first efx mod,just a little info,and also my computer specs are definelty not the problem,help please,
Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
-.-
you should read the Thread because you would know that you need v1.15 to run efxMod 2!

... efxMod Developer!
tfkdude
Years of Service
User Offline
ok nevermind!! i installed it in my main fps creator folder and not the backup,and it works kinda,but the water isnt as good as i thought and the mod made it lag a little,so ill just not mess with it,but ill just keep the mod incase i change my mind good work though
Hador
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Nov 2009 14:59
I havent even tried the mod yet, and this is my thread...thats a little ironic don't you think? i geuss i won't need to ask for help when I install it

DAGGERSHATTER GAMES

Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2009 17:57
Just a short note here, efxMod has been released on the efxMod Homepage, now just a direct-download page for the latest version.

http://efx.helixsoftware.eu/

I don't know when there will be an official thread from me here at TGC.
I expect the complete collection/list of information about features, scripting commands, etc. when there's a more optimised, finished version.

At the moment, the B9 release has less bugs than the earlier release, but still, there are quite big bugs in the render system (for example: the tearing/low camera range bug after game reset - in the final game).
Also the GUI doesn't react like it should.
These bugs are going to be fixed in the next releases, B9 is mainly intended to fix the "flex"-folder bug to ensure the best start into the efx experience, without complications.

Intel Xeon 3350 Quad@2,67GHz, Asus Commando, 2GB RAM, Thermaltake Shark, Sapphire Radeon HD2900XT, Samsung Syncmaster 245B 24"
Afrokid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2009 01:23
aww, i keep getting Runtime Error 118 - Array does not exist or array subscript out of bounds at line 16398 when i test the game

~Afrokid

The End Is Nigh
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2009 04:14
Tested it seems decent but where is all the scripts for it?

===================
No life, Lots of love, 2 Kids, God save me LOL
Samuellx3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2009 22:18
Brilliant Mod. Best by Far, but they need to intergrate it with AirMod.

~ ViRaL =]
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2009 22:38
Well, Airmod is already integrated, but most of the Airmod features are replacement features that are similar to the Airmod features (It's a side effect of the efx 1.15 development, as Airmod was using the 1.07 engine)

Intel Xeon 3350 Quad@2,67GHz, Asus Commando, 2GB RAM, Thermaltake Shark, Sapphire Radeon HD2900XT, Samsung Syncmaster 245B 24"
FPSCgamerguy
User Banned
Posted: 29th Dec 2009 20:13
Can you give me full/ complete instructions on how to install it please?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 07:22:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 07:22:09