Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC Forums X-Gen exclusive beta 1 access

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 21:38 Edited at: 15th Nov 2009 00:11
I'm proud to announce that the X-Gen project (if you don't remember the 1 year old project go to the original locked post here

As previously posted the FPSC X-Gen Launch competition will take place but due to unpredicted events it will not take place until after the the CTP release date which is currently at 01/03/2010.

The TGC FPSC forum members have exclusive access to the Beta 1 and both the client and publishing tools.

however for obvious reasons there are currently no games for download so we want YOU to upload your games (no matter what state of development they are in) for everyone to enjoy.

Beta 1 is a stable release but will more than likley have some undiscovered bugs.

X-Gen Beta 1 Client X64: download

X-Gen Beta 1 Publishing Tools X64: download

X-Gen Beta 1 Client 32-Bit: download

X-Gen Beta 1 Publishing Tools 32-Bit: download

Current Feature List Beta 1 - V1.5.2
TIGRS System Integration - add game age ratings straight to your game

X-Gen Game Service Online - Add/download/Launch games via the client

X-Gen Publishing Tools Online - Create your game information and upload directly to the X-Gen servers.

Upcoming Features

New Modern User Interface - Planned for Beta 2 - 01/12/2009

Integrated Chat Client - Planned for Beta 2 - 01/12/2009

E commerce(buying/selling games via X-Gen) - CTP - 01/03/2010

X-Gen Website Launch - Pre-CTP - 05/12/2009

there are a few more features in the pipeline that are not confirmed the features listed above a certain to be added

Enjoy everyone.

Bugs or help post here or email me via the forums

System: 4x AMD Opteron 8112 Dual-Core, 16GB DDR2-667 ECC, Nvidia 8600GT
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 21:53
I don't get it.

Is this some sort of game auto-publisher?

The one and only,

G Myton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 21:57 Edited at: 11th Nov 2009 22:03
That would be a very blunt way of putting it yes. but eventually upon full-release their will be a premium services, the ability to sell games via your own store or through the x-gen store. not to mention some of the other features mentioned above.

I started this project in 2008 as a way for indie developers to get their games to a wider audience easily and free and barring the premium services. That is how it will stay

p.s there is not a help document as of yet i am just checking the engilsh and getting ready to publish it now

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 22:06
Your posts aren't very informative and I don't trust a download link for a program I don't know anything about.

How about posting some more details and pictures?

I would like to hear if you utilise some form of DRM in your tool/program/launcher whatever it's called and see a general homepage for it.

G Myton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 23:49 Edited at: 12th Nov 2009 00:56
True, best way i can describe X-Gen is to look slightly at steam, X-Gen is basicly a Games provider/download/publishing platform. but developed and designed so that it is easy to use and access by indie developers and publishers. It is not however a steam clone and this was debated in the original forum post linked in my first post.

Here are some screenshots from Beta 1, as you will be able to see the UI is very basic as this is a test of the application and service itself, once beta 1 is stable then i can release beta 2 with the new more stylish UI.

As to the DRM question the answer is currently no, as the whole idea of x-gen meaning you are free distribute your games alongside x-gen we currently have not developed any DRM.

the temporary and i do mean temporary website is up with a little more detail on features planned and premium service info. X-Gen Site
Screens below

Client Interface 1

Client Interface 2

Publishing Centre 1

Publishing Centre 2

Publishing Centre 3

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
It's an interesting concept, but it's not the best idea to limit it JUST to FPS Creator. You want to make it so that it's an indie game development distribution system.

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2009 04:07
can we sell our games?
if so how much do we make?

add me on skype- isaacpreston. WWC percentage complete: 22%
G Myton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2009 09:17
@crispex it will not be limited to just FPS-creator, it will be open to all game developers so a "public" beta from 14/11/2009 the idea was to introduce the concept and system to a targeted group so it would be easier to spot any preformance issues or reoccuring bugs.

@Bugsy you will be able to sell your games via X-gen, how much it will cost however is still undecided, two ideas are currently in the works, you must either be a premium member or after a certain amount of sales a set fee applies to each copy sold but this is open to discussion.

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2009 10:13
Thanks for answering. I think it's good that it's without DRM. That alone is a sellingpoint.

G Myton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2009 20:19 Edited at: 12th Nov 2009 20:20
the standard 32bit client and publshing tool is ready so download and test

p.s i realised i had not posted system requirements.

Requirements for X-Gen Beta 1

.Net Framework 3.5 (preferably .Net 3.5 Service Pack 1)
Internet Explorer 5.0(required for link opening)
Windows Installer 3.0

Operating System 32-bit: XP Service Pack 2 or above
Operating System 64-bit: XP X64 Service Pack 2 or above

Also for publishers you currently cannot add games installed out of X-Gen so you need to set your game installer path to

[SystemDrive]\[Program Files]\[Realworkx Technology]\[X-Gen Beta 1]\[Games]

Or for 64 bit systems

[SystemDrive]\[Program Files (X86)]\[Realworkx Technology]\[X-Gen Beta 1]\[Games]

In Beta 2 the game library will accept links to games outside of this directory

G Myton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2009 20:55
As requested the Client Help Documentation

Attachments

Login to view attachments
dimre01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2009 20:49
What programming language are you coding this program in? If you want, I could help you out with the UI, which atm isn't that great looking imho.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=160610&b=25
G Myton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2009 00:10
@dimre01 Primarily C# on the .net framework 3.5, but the encryption back-end is done in C++. Agreed the UI is terrible at the moment, we do have a SDK library that allows us to style the application but unfortunately it is not compatible with visual studio 2010.

however if you are familiar with .net development and would like to help with the UI drop me a line on the forums or via the email address listed in profile.

@everyone, a couple of bugs relating to both the client and publishing tools changing to "not responding" or appearing to crash when uploading or downloading files has been found. when this happens the program is still working its just the current code means the program locks until the upload or download is complete.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 05:24:29
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 05:24:29