Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Dark Physics - Why Rotate the Vehicle Body 90 degrees?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2009 21:55
Ive been experimenting with the Dark Physics vehicle commands, and after a TONNE of trial and error I've managed to get my vehicle working fairly realistically. As to why it works is still a mystery to me as the values Im plugging in are not the same as the real sizes of my mesh objects. But looking at the vehicle arena demo this seems to be the case there as well. Anyways, thats a seperate issue.

Im just curious why the vehicles must be rotated 90 degrees on the Y axis for them to work properly. They do it in the vehicle arena demo as well. Any clarification?
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2009 22:05
this is done as the wheels center is on the x axis and the model buggy was not.

drove me nuts, made an app some time back that on here to allow you to load your model and gets some numbers to start with so that it could be fined tuned later.

link if you want to have a look.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=144632&b=30

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 23:31:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 23:31:48