Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Vehicle Lateral Tire Force

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2009 00:40
Hi,

I'm currently playing around with vehicle physics trying to understand as much as I can about how it works in DarkGDK so I can get my car to behave how I want it, especially regarding the implementation of sliding, spinning and oversteer.

I've seen the dbPhySetVehicleLateralTireForceFunction function, which looks very powerful, but I can't find any documentation on how to use it or what each parameter does.

I have managed to achieve some fairly good effects just with trial and error, but would really like to know more about what I'm really doing.

Does anyone have any wisdom to share regarding this function and how they have used it in their projects to get desired effects with modelling certain vehicle types/behaviours?
What do each of the parameters mean and are there rules to follow when setting them? For example what's the relationship between fExtremumSlip and fExtremumValue and what do they do in real terms?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Duke E
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2009 09:09 Edited at: 13th Nov 2009 09:14
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=113200&b=30

Lucy's example uses it in the above forum link. It's DBP but you see the values put in to the function to make the vehicle skid.

Further is the DP documentation (limited) and the Physx SDK from NVidia that has a lot of lessons that are useful.

Edit:
Also found this on Google, looks useful.
http://www.pelicancrossing.com/Documentation/Blink3D/BlinkScriptAPI/PhysicalWheel.htm

Regards

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:58:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:58:02