Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / AI War Graphics Library: Free To Use For Indie Developers

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone!

I present myself, Philippe artist at Arcen Games.

I've had the luck to work with the talented guys at Arcen Games for a while now on AI War : Fleet Command.

We've decided to share the art used in the game for other Indie Developers.

Here are exemple of Ship Graphics assets :

Ships in action :

If you are interested in using these graphics for your game please follow these simple yet fair rules :

Whoever you are, an indie developer or otherwise, you're free to use the graphics in this library for whatever purposes you want. Don't sell these graphics by themselves, but you can include them in your game, your pictures, whatever, and then you can sell your work with this art intact. You can modify them as much as you need for your purposes, as well. Make a new RTS, make some other genre of game, whatever. Just please be sure that you attribute the art to the artist(s) that created it.

For more information and download link you can check out Chris's original blog post.

Enjoy and keep creating games!

Phil
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2009 19:11
Philippe,

thanks for sharing all of this. i've downloaded the graphics and they're inspiring, to say the least. while i wouldn't dare a project as massive as AI Wars myself, the assets offered are perfect for smaller projects, as well, and should be put to good use by many.

perhaps the greatest thing you've shared here is the link to Chris' blog which contains much insight and information we can all benefit from (like this Advice for Aspiring Indie Game Developers article). i'm impressed with much of what i've found there (and on the Arcen Games forums, too) and look forward to reading more.

best of luck to you and the others @ Arcen on your current & future projects; may you have continued success.

and, again, thanks for sharing!

regnar
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your kind words, Virtual Nomad.

We are quite small at Arcen Games but really love what we do. Posted here to help out the indie community.

Chris really has a great blog to share knowledge of experience in the indie scene. Glad you enjoy reading it!
Devonps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2009 00:34
Hi,

After reading the articles as quoted by Virtual Nomad I too would like to add my thanks and priase to a wonderful set of articles.

I think the articles add more value and inspiration than the set of sprite sheets you have kindly posted.

Keep up the good work.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 20:47:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 20:47:57