Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / stereoscopic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I am new to darkbasic and woudering wheather to use it for a project am about ot undertake. but need to know if and how i could get it to be stereoscopic?
demons breath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2009 00:51 Edited at: 14th Nov 2009 01:33
Stereoscopic? Like 2 pictures at once I assume (haven't heard the word before)? For a 2 players on one screen kind of game?

There used to be a workaround where you could fiddle around with the camera thing but my old codes for that stopped working in 1.2 so I'm not sure if it still works. It doesn't (as far as I know) have a straightforward method for doing it though.

EDIT: Ahh get it now... whoops...

"The fools may crash down upon us in thunderous waves, but we shall Jeku slap them back from whence they came"
-BiggAdd Oct 28th 2009
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2009 00:56
Are you talking about 2D or 3D stereoscopic? Shutter glasses, Red/Blue glasses or Red/Green?

TDK

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
You might be able to do it with ghosting three images together. The red/blue, and solid images.

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2009 18:00
Someone might be able to write a DLL for you. You'd have to position two cameras, one at the position of where your left eye would be, and one at the position of where your right eye would be (digital, of course). You would then filter one image with red, and the other with green, and ghost them over each other. That's the image you'd need to display to see like that.

TheComet

Make the paths of your enemies easier with WaypointPro!
Medusa
Years of Service
User Offline
Leeh14 "stereoscopic"
Dark Basic already provides a 3d world.
Stereo photos (use this search term on the web) are used to make 2d images look 3d. Colour anaglyphs, polarised lenses or the 'wobble effect' even lcd shutter glasses.
If you mean creating a true three dimensional viewing experience within a computer game then there are ways.
Nvidia and some other manufacturers already sell quite expensive 3d glasses that link to their graphic cards so that you can experience 3d graphics 'in game'. This only works however with games created using the same technology.
'demons breath' is on the right track
There was an early piece of code to create a multiplayer using two cameras on screen at one time. Probably still in codebase.
You would need to create three cameras as in CINERAMA the idea being to create 20/20 vision
The left camera is set to look to the right
The centre camera looks dead ahead
The right camera looks to the left
The effect is similar to normal vision which includes peripheral
A slight blurred line always appears where the two side pictures fit alongside the centre one but as you would always normally be looking ahead this would not be that noticeable.
From my own experience the glasses used for all the different 3d versions just create headaches. The CINERAMA version which needs no glasses is best.
Get yourself a copy of 'How the west was won' in cinerama and you'll agree that the three cameras work.
Good Luck with your project

mpc
MSon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2009 21:48
if you search on the forums, there is already examples out there on how to add capability to use 3D Glasses, i remember seeing it once.

Everyone Be Cool, You, Be Cool.
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2009 09:10
GG already created a shader for this. Not sure if it will work with DBC, but it works with DBP just fine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 13:06:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 13:06:37