Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Health station?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I downloaded the health station from FPSFree ( http://www.fpsfree.com/downloads.htm ), and I placed the entity in my level, set it to Static mode, and tested the level--I pressed enter standing next to it, and I don't hear anything or see any health recharge taking place.

What am I doing wrong?
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2009 23:16 Edited at: 14th Nov 2009 23:16
Quote: "...set it to Static mode..."

That's your problem, keep it in dynamic mode so it can run scripts.
If you have problems with it falling down then turn the gravity off.

knxrb

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2009 23:53
Quote: "If you have problems with it falling down then turn the gravity off."

Set isimobile? to yes.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 15th Nov 2009 00:57
Quote: "If you have problems with it falling down then turn the gravity off"

Don't do that. Everything will float around like in a space station!

Set the entity to dynamic, set isimobile to yes (as Nickydude said) and assign the health script to it's AI Main.

Remember, if your health is full nothing will happen.

Brian.

TMS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2009 05:37 Edited at: 15th Nov 2009 05:52
Health wasn't full, I placed a hurt zone in the corner to test functionality just to be sure.

Anyway, worked just fine. However, I noticed that the hitbox of the entity may be a bit botched--a fixable problem, of course.

I was wondering if this charger could be adjusted to function like the health/HEV chargers in Half-Life: Source (the action key--usually, the Enter key--activates it, and it will charge your health to a limited extent before cutting out--and will refuse to charge your health further if it's full. There should also be a way for it to not continue to be used beyond its limit once the player's health has been reached or the recharge limit has been hit--in which case, a sound should be played and the texture should be changed).

I'm inexperienced with FPI scripting... so I'll just play n00b here and ask if you guys can show me how?
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2009 11:12
It isn't a fixable problem. You could disable collision entirely, but FPS Creator's dynamic collision system is [insert mod edit here]

Jeku always gets drunk and tries to Moderate the ocean. Tirelessly slapping the waves as they roll in.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 05:16:45
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 05:16:45