Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / lights

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2009 15:43 Edited at: 15th Nov 2009 15:53
Hello, everyone!

im trying to make a light pointing to an object, but it looks kinda..em..stupid?
ok so first, the object is rotating around itself, but the light is still in it's place, but the object is only affected by the light from one part.
second, the affected part looks totally white, what can i do to reduce the light strength?
third, the object has too much verteces, but the light still affect it in a stupid way, i mean like, it looks like huge white squares appearing at the place where the light is touching the object, i those squares to be smaller..

oh and also, the object is a car, i made it in 3ds max, it looked pretty neat there, but after i exported it, it looked terrible, well not the shape, but the texture, i want to know how can i make it reflect lights and stuff? like :

the object in 3ds max:

the object in .X file:

Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2009 13:59
any help?

Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not an expert at lighting unfortunately, but maybe try to reduce the amount of light reflected from the car with dbSetObjectSpecularPower.
To reduce the strength of the light, I think you need to change its colour from the default white to light grey with dbColorLight.
Is that a spotlight above the car? Did you try to change the distance of the light from the object?
That's all the guesses I have, maybe someone else can help more.
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2009 13:08 Edited at: 17th Nov 2009 13:09
awesome! dbSetObjectSpecular() did the trick
thanks alot!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 18:26:08
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 18:26:08