Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Win32 API Controls in DarkGDK?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2009 13:07
Hello there,

I'm trying to add native Win32 Controls using the API directly. (for example, a win32 button)

I tried this code:

(Sorry, I don't remember the code very well, as I'm not in my computer right now)

And yes, a button appeared ONCE.

Is there way to keep it showing? (By updating it in each frame maybe? IDK..)

Actually, I wanted to embed an MSIE ActiveX control to the window. But I think I must start from something basic.

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated

if(asleep) sheep++;
entomophobiac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2009 13:12
I'd suggest you refer to this post: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=159750&b=22

A quite thorough tutorial on the subject.
Drowneath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2009 13:16
Erm yeah, but I've read it once, and it uses a bit advanced method in handling Windows messages. As I don't need it that far, and I'm not that expert in Win32 API programming, maybe I just need a name of a function that keeps the controls appearing while drawing time?

if(asleep) sheep++;
entomophobiac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2009 13:47
It's not that advanced, really. Just go through it one step at a time and it literally does the work for you on the way through.

Besides, you'll need to make a message handler at some point if you want the buttons to have any functionality.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 18:42:22
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 18:42:22