Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Problem with making object from limb

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2009 14:42
When I use dbMakeObjectFromLimb(new_id, src_id, limb) it just copies the whole object to a new object instead of just the limb! (I know that the limb id is correct, because I can remove the limb)
Are there any known bugs with this or am I missing something?

I attached a little test model.

Now the plot thickens, the fps decreases, and the awesomeness goes through the roof.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2009 15:02
dbTextureLimb doesn't work on it either!

Now the plot thickens, the fps decreases, and the awesomeness goes through the roof.
_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2009 23:28
Any ideas?
I really don't know why I can't make a new object from a limb of another object!
The native command dbMakeObjectFromLimb doesn't work correctly (copies the whole object) and I tried cloning the object and removing all limbs except the one I want, but that doesn't work either because the whole model just disappears!

_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2009 14:05
Ok, I found out that it depends on the model I use.
When I take a x-model from the samples it works. ( e.g. 'H-Babe-Static.x' )
What do I have to do to export a correct x file? I'm using Milkshape, but am willing to use something else if necessary!

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2009 14:44
Seems like I'm going solo on this thread here...

But anyway I have it fixed (for those who are using Milkshape)!

You have to export your model through 'DirectX (JT)' and select format 'DirectX Retained Mode'.

Hope this helps anyone...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 18:31:44
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 18:31:44