Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Few nooby questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2009 15:17
Ello, just a few quick questions from nooby here xD.

1) In the game i'm making, i REALLY don't want the player to start with ANY of the weapons they had from the previous level. So i can add some diversity in what weapons they get from level to level, and i don't want them with thousands of bullets just abusing it every level.

2) Instead of having a tonne of enemies around the map.. (Which will make it laggy i'm guessing). Would a triggerzone which spawns enemies make it any less laggy over the long term?

Cam Ownz You!!

www.gamingstuff.co.nr
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2009 15:23 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2009 15:24
I don't mean to be rude, but these are questions that have already been answered. Try to do a search.

Also, you are going to get slapped for not using a descriptive subject title. It might even get locked.

You could have used: player weapons and spawning enemies in the title.

-----------------------------------------------
OliveTreeGames
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2009 15:27
Unhelpful Titles

Please do not simply write "Noob Question", "I am a newb", "One Noobie Question", "A question", "Please help", "This isn't working" or anything similar as the title of your post. We have a search facility, and meaningless titles do not help others find answers to their questions. It will also help you to get quicker responses if people have an idea of your thread content.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2009 18:14
let me at least answer these, I hated not getting my questions answered as a noob.
Ello, just a few quick questions from nooby here xD.

1) In the game i'm making, i REALLY don't want the player to start with ANY of the weapons they had from the previous level. So i can add some diversity in what weapons they get from level to level, and i don't want them with thousands of bullets just abusing it every level.

there are scripts for this, also airmod has a command where the playyer will drop all of his weapons. use a triggerzone and this airmod script.

2) Instead of having a tonne of enemies around the map.. (Which will make it laggy i'm guessing). Would a triggerzone which spawns enemies make it any less laggy over the long term?

having tonnes of enemies will make it laggy on slower computers. the lower the specs, the laggier it is. using trigger zones to spawn enemies is your best bet, it'll lag less on slow computers, and on high end computers, it will be able to have even more enemies without lag, but still, don't go overboard, tho.

Cam Ownz You!!

add me on skype- isaacpreston. WWC percentage complete: 60%
Crazy Cam10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2009 18:56
Cheers, i'm using x10, thought i might as well ask here.
Too bad airmod won't work on X10

Cam Ownz You!!

www.gamingstuff.co.nr
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2009 19:18
well triggerzones still work in X10.

add me on skype- isaacpreston. WWC percentage complete: 60%

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 07:28:48
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 07:28:48