Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / I want to create games on my windows vista laptop but i have integrated chipset

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was going to buy FSPC X10 but the website says that integrated chipsets are not supported. My Advent laptop has a Mobile Intel(R)4 Series Express Chipset Family, DAC Type Internal. Does anyone know any software that lets me create games on this (ideally drag-and-drop rather than coding) Thanks in advance
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2009 19:32 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2009 22:09
the original fpsc will work. hope that helps.

mk83 Productions
louis
Years of Service
User Offline
I downloaded the original fpsc but go an DirectX10 error message, then saw in the readme file that it only runs on XP not vista, so since I have Vista OS and integrated chipset seems I can't run either fpsc or fpscX10 .... ?
louis
Years of Service
User Offline
error messase I get when trying to run original fpsc is "Latest DirectX Not instal... DxVersionError

When I did a dxdiag on my laptop I get DirectX Version: DirectX10

Is this because I have an integrated chipset?
Programador hispano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2009 06:44 Edited at: 24th Nov 2009 06:53
No, it is because you don't have installed on your computer directx 9.0c, you can run directx 10 and directx 9.0c at the same time, I also have windows vista and chipset built-in, FPSC will run but you won't be able to get a lot of fps or use fullshader or too many lights because your computer will run really slow because of the video card. I had to update my video card and my video games jumped from 16 fps to 35 fps. Like I said, you will be able to run fpsc but it will run a little slower. Just make sure to install directx 9.0c then install fpsc, then, you put it in compatibility with windows XP and also like administrator. The directx that comes in the cd with fpsc will not install itself on your computer(it didn't do it for me), it will say, that you don't need directx because you already have the latest one running in your system. Try installing FPSC 9 free edition, if that one run it is possible that fpsc 10 runs too. I am not sure on that one. Good Luck.

...........(o o)........
--oooO--(_)--Oooo---
louis
Years of Service
User Offline
That works! Thanks MK83 and Programador hispano ! I'm using fpsc free, so will play around with that before trying fpsc 10

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 07:24:38
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 07:24:38