Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Looking for an artist

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2009 18:54 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2009 18:58
Hi, I've recently started developing a game on facebook, which you can see here:
http://apps.facebook.com/anotherworldgame/
(You can right-click items in the inventory)

I'm looking for somebody who is interested in working alongside me to create the graphics needed for the game. I currently have a working inventory system, travel system and map system in the game. (Although there's not much to see yet because you start off with only a single map piece, and some gold coins)

The game concept is a classic medieval RPG, with a focus on quests, crafting, and discovery. Instead being solely built around increasing your characters level to become better, the player themself will learn more about the game as they progress. (Such as learning new combinations of items which can be crafted together or discovering secrets in the game)

Although the game is set in medieval times, higher level players will get more and more technologically advanced, meaning there is always a new goal to reach in the game.

An important part to the game is the game map. As you can see, you start with one torn section of map, which contains only the castle. As you progress, you will collect more map pieces. The map system is limitless, so that the game map can be changed and expanded without altering a single line of code. A player's map is currently generated dynamically from PHP, and is centred on their current location.

There will also be a house system. You start off with a house in the starting location, and it costs money to move house. Any facebook friends with houses in your current location will show up in the people tab, alongside NPCs. Houses are essentially shared inventories (with the possibility of some graphical customization by the player who owns it) which can be accessed by whoever the house owner allows.

There will be a main story line to the game, with the quests and discoveries making up sub-plots in the story.

If you want to work with me on the game, you will be an equal partner in developing it. (If you want)

The main graphical areas in the game are:
- The game map
- Item images
- Game logo
- The UI of the game

Currently I am using place-holders for these images.

nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2009 21:27
I could try making a logo. And possibly some part of the UI.

Those are the areas in which I could participate in. I need some more information though, expect a mail soon.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2009 08:51
i dunno, but team requests arent allowed are they?

[Q]uik, Quiker than most
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2009 17:56
@Quik
I'm not asking for a team, just a single person, and nackidno has already created some very nice graphics for me

demons breath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2009 20:28 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2009 20:29
Well it's a lot more developed than last time I peeked in (it was basically just the little map floating on a white background and a few links which mostly didn't work)
I shall look forward to seeing it finished.

EDIT: Also if you need any help testing as it progresses, I seem to spend rather too much time on facebook games.

soysauce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2009 18:49
How were you able to post this on a website without any downloads? Please repsond!!!

Proud owner of Dark Game Studio
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2009 11:20
I made it in PHP, HTML and javascript, so no download is necessary.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:08:26
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:08:26