Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / terraing spiking

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm making a maze game and autogenerating the mazes and using the terrain builder to generate them and at the corners of the maze there are always these spikes that pop up is there anyway anyone knows of to get rid of that this is the image i am using to test this it is a simple one path maze or am i going to have to generate the map using cubes

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MoomanFL
Years of Service
User Offline
Most likely it is a problem with your image being anti-aliased at the corners. The white and black mix causing a spike. Check your image in your favorite editor at the highest zoom level. I am assuming you want only black and white and not any in-between shades in your height map.

Design documents?!? What design documents??? I thought we were just going to wing it!!!
StealthDragon
Years of Service
User Offline
That isn't the problem as I generate the height map using RGB values of 0 and 255 for black and white respectivly I have been able to shring them by angling the corners with mixing at the corners but the spikes are still there what I want to have at the end is a path at the top that if you fall off you have to restart

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 18:47:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 18:47:47