Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / How to make a text box and use it with DGDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2009 15:33
Hello there.

first of all, is it possible to make such text boxes and use them inside DGDK applications?:

or any kind of editable text boxes ( by editable, i mean that you can wire/copy/paste to them )

if so, how?

_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2009 17:35
It is possible. You can do it by using Win32Api. There is a good tutorial around on this board.

Now the plot thickens, the fps decreases, and the awesomeness goes through the roof.
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2009 18:02
i don't seem to find it, anyway, maybe i didnt mention that i want to write/copy/paste/etc while running the program, like a text editor program, then it saves the text written in that box to a character array or something.
is it still possible?

if so, i would be thankful anyone mind giving me a little sample code.

thanks for your time.

Caleb1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2009 00:39
Well, if you used win32 api then you would need a new window. All you would need to do is create your own input function. you would use the entry$() command and then handle the character and store it. Then draw it to the screen.

New Site! Check it out \/
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2009 05:05
new window only for the box? or my whole DGDK window will be replaced?

Caleb1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 00:03
The directx interface is painted over all child windows of the DarkGDK window. so you can create a edit box, and stick in it in the window, but you won't see it because directx is painting over it. You can create a edit box with win32 and just use WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW instead of WS_CHILD and don't specify a parent. then you will have a edit box with a title bar(of course the title bar would be equal to whats in the text box lol) or you could create a blank overlapped window and put the edit window in as a child.

New Site! Check it out \/
Paynterboi TicTacToe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 04:14
Read Mista's thread about DGDK with MDI:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=152825&b=22

Will help you learn how to use DGDK with WinAPI, I remember Mista saying something about manipulating the window BEFORE calling any commands like dbSync or creating objects... I don't remember the specifics but that thread should give you a start...

Proud member of: DarkGDK.us
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 10:32
Wow, thanks for that link Paynterboi!

Paynterboi TicTacToe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 20:50
8-D glad I can help, Mireben gave it to me when I needed it, figured I could pass it on.

Proud member of: DarkGDK.us

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 18:42:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 18:42:17