Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / I will paypal you 5$ to beat this game 8-)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2009 06:40 Edited at: 7th Dec 2009 20:33
I made this game in 45 minutes out of shear boredom. I will not upload the source because it will make it too easy to fake a screen shot of the win screen. Well... here it is:

[note] There is ALWAYS a green object, it can just be very hard to find at times. And yes I know that sometimes you are forced to reset because you can't get to the green object. But MOST of the time you will be able to if you are skillful enough. I wouldn't offer a reward if it were easy but I have beaten it so It is possible ( with 81 restarts but you will learn that they come fast enough )

The purpose is to move your ball and collide with the green object.
there are 21 levels. Every 5 levels new shapes are added and your ball is moved above the old shapes so that colliding with them is impossible ( so you only collide with the current shapes ). You also get a new save spot every 5 levels. The top number shows the level you are on and the bottom shows how many times you collide with the wrong objects.

The 21st level is the hardest as the object you need to collide with is the same color and shape as everything else, includeing the player. Also, the player is not placed in the bottom left of the screen rather, the player is placed randomly among the objects. Colliding with the wrong one here causes you to jump to a random level.

Enjoy...
[EDIT] To clear this up, its to the FIRST person that beats it not everyone..

Additional challenges:
First person to beat it: Ruldopho
Beat it with LESS than my resets ( 81 ): Ruldopho ( 24 )
bear it in LESS than 30 minutes: None yet...

Proud member of: DarkGDK.us

Attachments

Login to view attachments
luke810
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2009 06:45
half the time its impossible, I can't even get to lvl 5...

Marsh0
Years of Service
User Offline
Well as far as i can tell when you die you go back to level one.

Also it crashed at level 5 or so. So... yea. Im done. Interesting game though.
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2009 09:49
half of the time? it's impossible 90% of the time >_>

luke810
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2009 16:21
Quote: "Also it crashed at level 5 or so"

Same here, finally made it and then BAM!

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 27th Nov 2009 17:39
Got to level five but then it stopped working.
I am DETERMINED to win this

DonceLT
Years of Service
User Offline
That's why it is imposible
DonceLT
Years of Service
User Offline
That's why it's imposible
Paynterboi TicTacToe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2009 21:58 Edited at: 27th Nov 2009 22:14
Ok it doesn't work past 5 on any comp other than my laptop... I will fix it and get back to you guys sorry!! ( not that it stops when the object numbers exceed 150 on the screen, also it may have something to do with the fact that I add cones to the screeen )

for now, try to put dxd9_45.dll or what ever it's called in the same directory as the exe

Paynterboi TicTacToe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2009 23:04 Edited at: 28th Nov 2009 05:51
Vista gave me this when It froze up, It freezes up when run in release mode, I will test a debug.exe version if it runs ( I know it's bigger but if it works right? ) I will upload it, otherwise I will load the source so you can run it via debug.

Quote: "Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature that can help prevent damage to your computer from viruses and other security threats. Harmful programs can try to attack Windows by attempting to run (also known as execute) code from system memory locations reserved for Windows and other authorized programs. These types of attack can harm your programs and files.

DEP can help protect your computer by monitoring your programs to make sure that they use system memory safely. If DEP notices a program on your computer using memory incorrectly, it closes the program and notifies you.

"

[edit]
Use the .exe from here, worked for me...

also check out these images, the first is me next to the green ball in a hard spot to get to it the second is the 6-10 levels

http://picasoe.iwarp.com/img_1.jpg
http://picasoe.iwarp.com/img_2.jpg
http://picasoe.iwarp.com/img_3.jpg
http://picasoe.iwarp.com/img_4.jpg

img_3 is me on the third level, I posted this to show you how hard it is to see the green object on the third level... it IS there

Also, Inregard to a post i read, you only reset to 1 until you reach 6, at level 6 - 10 you reset to 6, 11-15 resets to 11 16-20 resets to 16 and 21 resets to a random level...

The green ball in the last image is somewhere off the screen, but it's there. Thats one of the challenges that far in, is that sometimes it hides from you 8- )

Made it to level 21, than I got reset to 18 and gave up lol good luck to you all

( download moved to first post )

Snowyowl
Years of Service
User Offline
Made it to level 20. Often the random level design makes it impossible. And I mean literally impossible.
Plus, the green cylinder, when seen end-on, is almost invisible sometimes.

If it weren't for the cash prize, I wouldn't even have gone past level 5 before giving up. As it is, you sustained my interest a little longer
Paynterboi TicTacToe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2009 19:59 Edited at: 30th Nov 2009 20:01
The only reason I offered a prize is because no one will win 8-P you will always give up first. Look at the screen shots I posted, they show me getting pretty far without too many resets, Just keep in mind that this is in 3d, you can get closer to the objects than you think...

Dragon Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2009 22:42
Ahm i dunno weather i broke it or not, but i started playing and it didn't reset even when the ball was inside the cubes.., got up to level 8 that way... then gave up to make a cup of tea xD

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2009 00:22
Paynterboi TicTacToe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2009 20:08
@dragon knight, this is the first I've heard of that lol, I did know that some of the objects were not being tested for collision so you could go right through them but this happens at random, to be lucky enough to go straight through all the objects to get to level 8 is strange...

@diggsey if you won post an image of the winner's screen 8-D

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2009 22:33 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2009 22:33
So, where's my prize?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2009 23:42
24 loses...ONLY?!

i got 500~ and didnt pass level 9, almost broke the keyboard before i gave up..

>_>

Paynterboi TicTacToe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2009 06:45 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2009 06:47
WOW only 24 resets nice 8-D. I will need to know where to send it first XD...

I double checked and my profile has my email public so just email what ever information you'd like, I'd prefer paypal to make my life easier but we might be able to work something else out.

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2009 09:13
Haha, no, I don't really need the money, I was just joking around
Extremely annoying game though, especially when objects are positioned off-screen (is this intended?).
Basically I just moved outside the screen and timed how long you had to hold down the keys to travel a certain distance.
Sometimes it's completely impossible though, as the target spawns inside of another object; you should probably do something about that - who wants to play a game that might be impossible to win?

Paynterboi TicTacToe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2009 15:43
Lol, if you read all of my other posts, all of that is intentional, and you obviously didn't have TOO much trouble..

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2009 18:38
Well, thing is, you can't really call it a "game" if the levels are built on randomization to such an degree that from time to time it is impossible to win. For example if the target is off-screen, or clustered in between collidible objects.

Now, go fix it

()

Paynterboi TicTacToe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2009 19:07
Lol, I made it in 45 minutes sitting on my couch out of boredom and than played it for a couple hours to kill time. I'd say it's served it's purpose.

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2009 19:21
You only need to do two things to this game and it would actually be addictive.

First of all - obviously - make an algorithm that makes every level possible.

Second, make a button on the keyboard cause your player to shrink in size by 50% or something, but for a short period of time. Only allow them to shrink again when they've moved a certain amount of distance after the shrink - to prevent them from just constantly waiting to be able to shrink again. Now you've got a tactic involved where every time there is a tight space the player has to shrink themselves and rush through it quickly before they return to normal size. Obviously you would need safe spots around the map that the player could travel to when they're about to grow back.
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2009 09:29
sad.................

Paynterboi TicTacToe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 20:30 Edited at: 7th Dec 2009 20:32
Lol, sorry, thats just funny hassan 8-P

I just want to say, I am not going to put any work into improving this game, it was a stupid game I made to cur my boredom and it has done that far more than I intended, and apperently, did so for others as well. If you would like the source I will post it now so you guys can make your own imporvements to help cure YOUR boredom.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 18:39:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 18:39:10