Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Searching For Games On LAN? Way To Do This? All Help Welcome =)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, For my game i need to be able to find games on the lan some how. the hosting it not permanent so i cant add games to a database and the game has be able to search across may networks, example (50.1.3.1 -> 50.1.1.1 )

when previously doing coding in GML before i started with GDK there was a method of broadcasting used. as GML was simple and coding different to GDK and the dll i want to use was for GML. im trying to find a way to search for LAN games with GDK.

I've done searching for threads contain key works ("udp" , "broadcasting" , "lan" ) the creator of Multisync made a Dll for Udp but that dll doesn't exist anymore as multisync was invented.

finding something such as this is rare accross the forums i hard to find. i also hope that if i can find a solution to this with your help that it can be a permanent solution so people don't have to search around and end up at dead end threads of links.

i've tried to write my own dll but my programming skills are not at that level yet so thats a shame.

All help is welcome, no matter how small.

Problem Solution That Never Fails: "Build A Bridge And Get Over It"
Cuddle Bunniezzz 12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 03:30
You could use "dbPerformChecklistForNetConnections()" function, it should tell you of all the connection you can make to other computers (internet and LAN).

You might want to take a look into creating IPX connections, it's TCP/IP for LAN connections.

http://www.darkgdk.us/ <- You can now submit pages, upload images, yet were lacking content. We need your help!
Freedom Fighters
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm, sound like a good idea. how can i work this in finding lan sessions. i need to be able to send and receive session information
to and from a host to client. im using Mulitsync for game it self when playing but when in the lobby looking for games i need a system.
from what i heard and read, its not such a good idea to use thoses type of functions, Multilayer functions are a fail in my option. they need to rewrite them.

what about a UDP Broadcasting system?
Get the Broadcasting Ip?
Im going to look into that.

Any other suggestions would help.

Problem Solution That Never Fails: "Build A Bridge And Get Over It"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 18:41:08
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 18:41:08