Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 17:33 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2009 19:36
I started this post to discuss the possibilities of fpsc X11 coming out. What possibly could Be added. We have health bars, everything is editable!. Personally, i think that they topped it with X10 But what about X11? I am guessing that it will be extremely powerful. A great aspect of it could be an ally control system. The possibilities are already endless, what could they add?

Its for you to decide. Use this page to discuss just that. X11 Sounds boring though. So, maybe the name will change. Something like First Person Shooter Creater New Generation. I dont know, i\'m just spitballing. I think that they should definitely fix all bugs, but thats a different thing, we\'re talking about usability, possibly they could add a more simple script assign function, eg a dropdown box for each character, where you select the script, EG: Walk, shoot etc etc

Just think of how many more users it would attract, I meen, every school kid wants to make a game, you ask them how they will do it, and they have no clue whatsoever, with fpsc it\'s not like that at all, it\'s just simple drag and drop.

More to be added in due course.

XD PEACE OUT!

What you think

X10 To be updated.
Why Make an fpsc game when i can make my own engine?
No X11?

PLYSTER SAID
When I think of X11, I think of "raytracing". The X11 cards are supposed to be phenomenally greater at ray tracing, thus procuding far greater lighting effects, especially reflections! Another thing they're supposedly good at (but I haven't had the pleasure of testing yet) is tesselation. This basically the opposite of relief mapping, where the vertices are split into finer sections and extruded from the surface, giving the model "lift".

In all honesty, when it comes down to FPSC (yes, I said down to FPSC) I really don't care about graphics all that much. What I would like to see is a better editing environment. Cell block levels are so old-school that it's boring and hard to create what you want without whipping out a modeling program. I found level editing to be far easier with Little BIG Planet! FPSC has problems just making a proper moving platform! I couldn't even successfully make a dumb little ferris wheel in FPSC. The collision system is gaddy, the flexibility that such a creator is SUPPOSED to have just isn't there. When I want to change the sound something makes when I step on it or tweak a simple shader or desperately attempt to make a unique AI, I gotta go around to the back-door with a lockpick. And don't get me started on making a non-cell-block based level. Sure, you can model the entire level yourself, but then you're stuck with getting the enemies to move around it and all you're going to be able to do is have hard-coded AI or a bunch of fleshy turrets.

As far as I'm concerned, TGC needs to work on how the editing is done before making another move towards graphical advancements. Something as simple as placing a pipe near the ceiling shouldn't be as hard as it is (Or as much "guess-work" as it is, I should say).

we're talking about DirectX here, which is all about graphics. DirectX does not bring gameplay.

Any version of DirectX is only as good as the developer handling it. However, when placed in the hands of a more than capable developer, they may feel like they're lacking options, and so newer versions of DirectX come into play. With DirectX11's (At the least with a proper card) raytracing support, reflections aren't nearly as performance intensive, nor are advanced lighting techniques.

But, let's face it. No matter HOW good the gameplay is, it can always feel better with pretty graphics to back it up.
Still.... FPSC's gameplay needs a boost and bad.

The one and only,

MICHAEL X SAID

there should not be a x11 version. one: most people here dont have the money or hardware to handle x11, and what i mean by hardware is a very good graphic card. two: tgc will waste there time and on something that very little amount of people can have. three: x10 is barely getting updates as is. x9 is getting all the attention with mods and updates. so think we all can see how x11 is going to in up. as for the migration its a joke. meaning not needed. all x9 needs is more stable update as the mods do the rest. everyone on here can run x9 which mean the value of x9 is most likely wanted and use program. plus dx11 is not much of a jump from dx10. put it this way madden for ps2 was way more stable than madden for ps3. graphics isnt everything when comes to very good fun gameplay. project blue is worth every dime and as long as you get any 8 or 9 series nvidia gf graphics card, performance wont be a issues. fps x9 is on the top of the line for right now and the engine is not even done yet. as bond1 has shown us with the new shader. x9 is being push on so many level on graphics and performance alone. but there still is gameplay to be done. plus with pb mod bloom and the new shader everything is looking like x10. i think pb mod should stick with the 115 source code and add water effects and horror mod body blow apart effect like left 4 dead. people put down this game engine and over look alot of thing about it.

i found the bug for fpscx10 performance. but anyway have to say wait i said cause fpsc gets over look on alot of levels and for us to jump the gun and want somthing newer we haven t push what we have right now. i guess i say this cause of what i know about this program and how to work around the bugs. but i still say there is no need for fpscx11. i think project blue still got a lot more tricks up the sleeve.

KRAVENWOLF
I've been working on a project with the Unreal engine ever since I found out it was available free, but I'm still working on a few commercial projects in FPS Creator, just because of how much easier and faster it is to take them from start to finish. The game I'm working on in the Unreal Engine is more of a long-term, full title project, which I'm building up little by little. The FPS Creator projects on the other hand, are more so mini-games, than anything else. So, from my experience, both engines have their uses

Kravenwolf

Others
-------------------------------
I think that fpsc should be rewritten in darkgdk/c++ en that it all would be loads faster, they should make it dx10 and dx9 compatible, and make it opensource, there are enough C++ masters, that would want to edit the source, as if they would work as hard as modders work on their mods like now, it would be the next TOP engine.

Red Eye
--------------------------------
the only way we would move to x11, is first of all in a long time when x9 is outdated and if there is some other technology that could be VERY useful for fpsc, but requires x11.

it always sounds cool going to the next x(thats why i bought fpscx10) but most of the time you can do the same stuff. the only difference between x9 and x10 is that x10 has better usage of ram and gpu's, but even at that it's not like x9 CANT do that, it just doesn't do it as well.
--------------------------------
Keep Bringing the thoughts...[b][b][b]

kitty101
Years of Service
User Offline
I think x10 should be updated.

Nexar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 18:02
i think that x9 and x10 is enough fps creators!

the arrow has spoken!
charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 18:04
There will be no X11.There will be only FPSC Migration that will combine X9 and X10 and thats it.

A.K.A djmaster
EyePrize Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 18:32
Yeah, but what if they get a really good idea??

We have got our eyes on the prize.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/g/avatars/eyeball4.gif
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 18:33 Edited at: 28th Nov 2009 18:38
With another few months of the modders working on and improving FPSC X9, and bond1's shaders coming out in a few weeks, I don't see any point to moving onto X10 or X11 anyway.

Quote: " they could add a more simple script assign function, eg a dropdown box for each character, where you select the script, EG: Walk, shoot etc etc"

Right-click on a character and assign its main script in the drop-down box in it's properties.

Kravenwolf

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 18:55
the only way we would move to x11, is first of all in a long time when x9 is outdated and if there is some other technology that could be VERY useful for fpsc, but requires x11.

it always sounds cool going to the next x(thats why i bought fpscx10) but most of the time you can do the same stuff. the only difference between x9 and x10 is that x10 has better usage of ram and gpu's, but even at that it's not like x9 CANT do that, it just doesn't do it as well.

EyePrize Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 19:08
Yeah, suppose so. I got V1 then jumped straight to X10, there is no different functions, just improved usability.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
I think that fpsc should be rewritten in darkgdk/c++ en that it all would be loads faster, they should make it dx10 and dx9 compatible, and make it opensource, there are enough C++ masters, that would want to edit the source, as if they would work as hard as modders work on their mods like now, it would be the next TOP engine.

Red Eye

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 19:17
They should have better lights still.
EyePrize Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 19:20
Keep the ideas coming, these are great!

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 19:25
i don't mean to put down fpsc, but when i'm better at programing in c++ and Python i'd probably make my own game engine. but i ow a lot to fpsc and Lee for that matter.

EyePrize Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 19:34
Yeah, i agree. But FPSC is extremely useful.

crumbaker
User Banned
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 21:00
with the unreal development kit out now having a very similar license to fpsc and being free to mess around with, and being a FAR better engine....I doubt there will be another fpsc at all unless they come up with something to compete.
Bluecode234
Years of Service
User Offline
WHAT IS THAT "Migration" I dont understand
EyePrize Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 22:22
The migration is the combining of X9 And X10 i think.

Or is it where fpsc are giving all their models hands, it's one of those anyway.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 23:26
The migration is the merging of FPSC X9 and FPSC X10

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 23:42
Quote: "with the unreal development kit out now having a very similar license to fpsc and being free to mess around with, and being a FAR better engine....I doubt there will be another fpsc at all unless they come up with something to compete."

Yes there are other engines out which are better than FPSC but the ease of use of FPSC makes it a really good choice for many people.
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 23:57 Edited at: 28th Nov 2009 23:57
Quote: "Yes there are other engines out which are better than FPSC but the ease of use of FPSC makes it a really good choice for many people. "

I've been working on a project with the Unreal engine ever since I found out it was available free, but I'm still working on a few commercial projects in FPS Creator, just because of how much easier and faster it is to take them from start to finish. The game I'm working on in the Unreal Engine is more of a long-term, full title project, which I'm building up little by little. The FPS Creator projects on the other hand, are more so mini-games, than anything else. So, from my experience, both engines have their uses

Kravenwolf

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2009 00:27
When I think of X11, I think of "raytracing". The X11 cards are supposed to be phenomenally greater at ray tracing, thus procuding far greater lighting effects, especially reflections! Another thing they're supposedly good at (but I haven't had the pleasure of testing yet) is tesselation. This basically the opposite of relief mapping, where the vertices are split into finer sections and extruded from the surface, giving the model "lift".

In all honesty, when it comes down to FPSC (yes, I said down to FPSC) I really don't care about graphics all that much. What I would like to see is a better editing environment. Cell block levels are so old-school that it's boring and hard to create what you want without whipping out a modeling program. I found level editing to be far easier with Little BIG Planet! FPSC has problems just making a proper moving platform! I couldn't even successfully make a dumb little ferris wheel in FPSC. The collision system is gaddy, the flexibility that such a creator is SUPPOSED to have just isn't there. When I want to change the sound something makes when I step on it or tweak a simple shader or desperately attempt to make a unique AI, I gotta go around to the back-door with a lockpick. And don't get me started on making a non-cell-block based level. Sure, you can model the entire level yourself, but then you're stuck with getting the enemies to move around it and all you're going to be able to do is have hard-coded AI or a bunch of fleshy turrets.

As far as I'm concerned, TGC needs to work on how the editing is done before making another move towards graphical advancements. Something as simple as placing a pipe near the ceiling shouldn't be as hard as it is (Or as much "guess-work" as it is, I should say).

The one and only,

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2009 20:53 Edited at: 29th Nov 2009 20:53
Quote: "Something as simple as placing a pipe near the ceiling shouldn't be as hard as it is (Or as much "guess-work" as it is, I should say)."

There's an easy way around that, when placing something, you usually can't see the ceiling of that level, simply press the 'plus' key to move up a level then use the scroll wheel of the mouse to move the view back down so you can now move your object around and see the ceiling. This also works for placing ceiling light fittings correctly.

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2009 21:08
We're seriously complaining about the ease of use in Fps Creator?

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey eye, you got plys name wrong

I know that Knxrb is doing something about this idea, but i cant tell. I do like the idea of X11, but i reckon that these ideas should be for the next release of X9, that way you dont need to buy a whole new program or learn a new script language.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 29th Nov 2009 21:45
I would also like to see a better editor, such as the Far Cry 2 editor. Its great.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2009 22:28
Quote: "There's an easy way around that"

Why should I have to work around it? All I've ever done with TGC's products is work around the small things that should have been done right in the first place. Things like getting a simple MP connection to work is about as fun as fighting an alligator! Some people love it, but as for me, I'd rather keep my hands thank you.

Quote: "We're seriously complaining about the ease of use in Fps Creator?"

If you're refering to my post, I am not complaining about the ease of use. I am pointing out the severe limitations we are faced with in level editing with FPSC. Why are we talking about increasing the graphics when the gameplay isn't even up to snuff? Have you all forgotten that only LEE works on FPSC?

The one and only,

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2009 23:00 Edited at: 29th Nov 2009 23:00
Quote: "Have you all forgotten that only LEE works on FPSC? "

Well, him and a few others that have brought us several new features, and graphical enhancements such as bloom, and motion blur

Kravenwolf

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2009 23:30
Quote: "With another few months of the modders working on and improving FPSC X9, and bond1's shaders coming out in a few weeks, I don't see any point to moving onto X10 or X11 anyway.

Quote: " they could add a more simple script assign function, eg a dropdown box for each character, where you select the script, EG: Walk, shoot etc etc"

Right-click on a character and assign its main script in the drop-down box in it's properties.

Kravenwolf"

Nailed; exactly. Bond1 is improving FPSC without modifying the source... AT ALL! Now that's pretty good...

I personally don't think that there will be an X11...

I think TGC will make a new engine. I don't see why everyone keeps thinking FPSC will keep having new siblings.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2009 03:04
there should not be a x11 version. one: most people here dont have the money or hardware to handle x11, and what i mean by hardware is a very good graphic card. two: tgc will waste there time and on something that very little amount of people can have. three: x10 is barely getting updates as is. x9 is getting all the attention with mods and updates. so think we all can see how x11 is going to in up. as for the migration its a joke. meaning not needed. all x9 needs is more stable update as the mods do the rest. everyone on here can run x9 which mean the value of x9 is most likely wanted and use program. plus dx11 is not much of a jump from dx10. put it this way madden for ps2 was way more stable than madden for ps3. graphics isnt everything when comes to very good fun gameplay. project blue is worth every dime and as long as you get any 8 or 9 series nvidia gf graphics card, performance wont be a issues. fps x9 is on the top of the line for right now and the engine is not even done yet. as bond1 has shown us with the new shader. x9 is being push on so many level on graphics and performance alone. but there still is gameplay to be done. plus with pb mod bloom and the new shader everything is looking like x10. i think pb mod should stick with the 115 source code and add water effects and horror mod body blow apart effect like left 4 dead. people put down this game engine and over look alot of thing about it.

more than what meets the eye
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2009 19:38
Quote: "such as the Far Cry 2 editor, its great"

Yes but the crysis map editor is even better, in a matter of fact there is nothing you cant do in it

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 30th Nov 2009 22:03
Quote: "Yes but the crysis map editor is even better, in a matter of fact there is nothing you cant do in it"

Well I have yet to use the Crysis editor so...
EyePrize Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2009 19:50
So, No FPSC X10?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2009 03:15
Quote: "graphics isnt everything when comes to very good fun gameplay."

As much as I agree with this statement... we're talking about DirectX here, which is all about graphics. DirectX does not bring gameplay.

Any version of DirectX is only as good as the developer handling it. However, when placed in the hands of a more than capable developer, they may feel like they're lacking options, and so newer versions of DirectX come into play. With DirectX11's (At the least with a proper card) raytracing support, reflections aren't nearly as performance intensive, nor are advanced lighting techniques.

But, let's face it. No matter HOW good the gameplay is, it can always feel better with pretty graphics to back it up.
Still.... FPSC's gameplay needs a boost and bad.

The one and only,

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2009 04:14
Quote: "FPSC's gameplay needs a boost and bad"

Plystire see im not the only one that fall off the subject
but i found the bug for fpscx10 performance. but anyway have to say wait i said cause fpsc gets over look on alot of levels and for us to jump the gun and want somthing newer we haven t push what we have right now. i guess i say this cause of what i know about this program and how to work around the bugs. but i still say there is no need for fpscx11. i think project blue still got a lot more tricks up the sleeve.

more than what meets the eye
EyePrize Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2009 19:30
Keep the comments coming guys...

Wonder what developers think of this....

If any of you are fpsc developers, please drop a comment.

MODS too

And BOTB

Slow Programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2009 19:52
I am still waiting to buy X10 once it is updated to become more stable and usable. A lesson I learned when I got X9 on its release is never buy a new release from TGC as it will never live up to the hype. X9 is only now becoming what it should have been on its initial release. I don't see the point of an X11 that will end up being another let-down. Yes this sounds harsh, but if it is not true than point out my errors I am still a loyal TGC customer, but I wish they would finish things before starting something new.
Chris Redfield 2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 03:14
(Bump) X11? Aren't two FPS Creator's enough for us?

"Wether you think you can, or you think you cannot, you are usually right" - Henry Ford

DARKNESS IS COMING...2010... Where will you be?
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "They should have better lights still. "

I respect that.

-Indestructible-

Asteric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 17:06 Edited at: 8th Dec 2009 17:07
My opinion. We are still on dx9 even though 10 has been out for a while, almost all of the newest games use x9. Why? Because it gives almost the same results as dx10 and has a lot more support. I wouldn't even consider dx11 any time soon, may just be another load of bull from Microsoft.

Also, just because it has an 11 now doesnt mean it will be better, all of the top engines utilise x9 still and have amazing Ai, graphics etc. Just a thought.

Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 20:41 Edited at: 8th Dec 2009 20:43
Meh I say bring X10 up to snuff before getting to X11. X10 is unstable, one of the main reasons I've never released a game made in X10 is because you can spend hours making a great level only to find that it crashes when you test it. The only way to find out what's actually causing it to crash at that point it to rebuild the whole level from the beginning...I'd rather have an engine that works with me, not against. And agreeing with plystire, it'd be nice to have more flexibility and ease of use when it comes to gameplay.
X10 doesn't even take full advantage of Dx10, most/all of those effects have been done in X9 with mods. And yet FPSC X10 only works in Vista/7?

Unity Engine 2.6 is now available for FREE
http://www.unity3d.com
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2009 09:27
Quote: "all of the top engines utilise x9 still and have amazing Ai, graphics etc."

They do this because not all of their audience is using dx10. However, most of the more up to date ones WILL enable DX10 specific features, such as GPU instancing when a GPU capable of utilizing it is present (as well as having the proper OS). And still others have .fx files made with SM4.0, which is DX10 specific, and those are used when they in a system that can use them.

The key in the professional realm is making your game runnable on as many machines as possible. And since much of the gamer market is still using DX9, they must provide this backward compatability.

The one and only,

Mightymilton
Years of Service
User Offline
i think x10 should be on xp & should be a little cheaper to.

Ollie Milton
Asteric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 19:22
X10 is not compatible with XP, as in Direct x10, not just FPSC.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 07:21:58
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 07:21:58