Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Map size opinion

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2009 14:24
I am looking for some peoples opinion.

when making any fpsc game do you think that you should have large maps with few objects, or smaller maps with lots of objects

i ask this because in the war to keep framerates high you have to cut out entities and rooms on large maps while sometimes small maps just are annoying with to much time spent loading between levels

so really i'm wondering wether people want to play emptier large maps or one large maps worth of gameplay split onto 2 or 3 maps.

Najoko Entertainment
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2009 16:13
well, while level design is important, I'm a real freak for frame rate. I'd say medium size, moderately detailed maps can look like large extremely detailed maps if you know what you're doing. cheers.

add me on skype- isaacpreston. WWC percentage complete: 60%
Najoko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2009 15:42
thanks bugsy, anybody else got an opinion???

Najoko Entertainment
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2009 15:57
If you have some puzzles on small maps, then they might feel longer, due to the time you are trying to find out how to solve that puzzle.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=1904357
More info at the product Chat! FPNS comp

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 07:28:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 07:28:39