Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Spawning of NPC's Continiously

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was wondering how i would go about setting up a system where NPC's ( Zombies) would continiously spawn from certain locations arund a multiplayer map.

Im working on a small 2 person multiplayer game where zombies will continiously spawn and attack the players.

I know this sytem has been created before in the Zombie Mod, but im confused how it works.

Thanks for any help

zippyo3
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2009 17:59
no NPCs in multiplayer.

in single player, however, spawn them from a trigger zone, put spawn at start to no, maximum spawn to 9999 and max at any time to however many you want to be able to be fighting you at the same time. I would suggest only 2 or 3. put spawn when dead to yes.

add me on skype- isaacpreston. WWC percentage complete: 60%
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2009 22:45
Might I add that FPSC's native method of respawning is EXTREMELY taxing on the engine. Mostly because when you ask it to respawn an enemy it runs several different processes and inefficiently codes the entity.

On a second note, if your spawning entity has a shader applied, it NEEDS to use "appear2.fpi" as its appear script because if it doesn't, the entity will simply remain transparent.

So I suggest you be creative and efficient when spawning your characters and I wish you the best of luck

Best,
Pride

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 06:25
it's not taxing for me, I have a spawn room of 2 enemies, never endingly spawning, with no lag whatsoever. It's all based of how many enemies at a time you allow the player to fight. keep it less than 3, and it'll be fine even on the slowest of computers.

add me on skype- isaacpreston. WWC percentage complete: 60%

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 07:27:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 07:27:24