Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How do i create this type of level?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone i was hoping someone could help me out on this on. I wanted to create a city level that a player could move around in (iam using the 1.16 upgrade with the fenix mod) and instead of creating different levels i wanted to create a lot of different objectives on the city level (kind of like ultimate spiderman or gta3 but not with massive levels). My question is, is there a way that i can have the player move around the city but when he wants to go into buildings that a loading screen comes up and he enters the building and then can come out of the building again without creating that (level 1,level 2, level 3 heirarchy in the game editor). In other words, can i make a player keep all of his stats and skills and abilities and items and have them travel from map to map and back to the first map? TIA for you guys support!
Lukers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2009 22:18
Yeah you can't go back levels and you cant make levels optional to go to + the lag would be immense

I can haz cheezburger?
DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2009 22:25
Quote: "the fenix mod"

lose the "the"?

Uhhh... yeah it will work with EXTENSIVE scripting. So in other words, no, it wonèt work.

Sorry, good luck!

http://www.uncaged.co.uk/pg.htm
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict" - M.L.K.J.
Stop P&G from testing on animals.
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2009 22:39
Hey hey hey, if I'm correct, this is perfectly possible with clever scripts and using Project Blue/Green. Because they both (as I remember) have scripting codes that allow jumping back and forth between levels.

However, if you kill one enemy in Map 1, go to Map 2, then travel back to Map 1 then that enemy might be alive again.

Again, I'm not quite sure how it would work, as I do not use either. But I suggest experimenting with Project Green first to see what's up.

Wish you luck,
Pride

zeza
Years of Service
User Offline
RPG mod, which merged with fenix mod, has level jumping, I'd look into that

Hope This Helps
Codename 47
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 14:38
I agree with zeza.

I suck at making games.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 15:00
wow... RPG Mod has level jumping? Maby I need to look into that...

zeza: Nice signature. That always makes me laugh when I see that developer forum banner on this site. LoL.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=1904357
More info at the product Chat! FPNS comp
Hador
User Banned
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 23:20
the command nextlevel=X would let you change levels. at the end of a level it should take you to level 1 or whatever the city level is.

DevBox forum http://www.devbox.6te.net
Work4TheKing
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you guys for all of your help!!!
Work4TheKing
Years of Service
User Offline
Hador, how did you find out that command? I dont see it on the fenix mod thread. Does he have sometype of manual to go with it?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 07:25:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 07:25:25