Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000bba <- Huh? :s

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, from the post tital, i guess you guess what im talking about.

i was running my project and it came up. i worked it out where it occurs, but the funny part is that where it occurs is nothing.

I looked at this and it make no complete sense. there nothing there, not function, no value or anything. just nothing.
this is real confusing.

-can someone explain the problem
-find a solution
-what the error means

Problem Solution That Never Fails: "Build A Bridge And Get Over It"
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 09:53
How did you come to that conclusion? If you look at the stack trace(assuming you ran with the debugger) it should tell you where the error occurred if you can see that bit of code, else you can always go down the list to find the first function call from your code that triggers the error, then you can view the local variables to find the cause. This page may also be of use.

Freedom Fighters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 12:02 Edited at: 7th Dec 2009 12:05
My conclusion is that it stops at some point. but that not there.

i read thread the debugging. its occurring in the main thread ( void DarkGDK ( void ))
i sized it down the the loading of sounds. i think it might be missing a file, but there all there. i removed 'dbLoad3DSound ( )' and it works fine. must be the loading of the 3d sounds.

ill look into loading of sounds later.

the page you suggested it interesting, thank you for that. im starting to understand a bit more about debugging.

Problem Solution That Never Fails: "Build A Bridge And Get Over It"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 18:39:04
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 18:39:04