Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Camera Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I made one object a sphere that follows the camera around and hid it, then I have a small house on my terrain. I want it so that when the sphere has a collision with the house it stops the camera, but I can't figure out how I would do that. I have no code to post, but I appreciate any help!

-Tim
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 11:46 Edited at: 10th Dec 2009 11:49
there are some ways to do it
first use Sparkys Collision pluging \ library ..

after understanding how collision works with Sparky's then you just disable any camera movements.
so if you have your camera moving randomly on the map
put an if (!BallCollidedwithhouse boolean)
do camera movement
else
dont move camera

if you want a simple collision you have the DARKGDK collision which is not so good but will still work

and ofcourse you can do

i hope this can help

nadav.
Timatron
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the response! I had trouble setting up sparkys collision but I'll try again. I can set up the collision with the house using the dark GDK collision, except when I do I don't know how to get the camera to actually stop. If you have any idea how to do that it would be extremely helpful. Thanks again for the help!

-Tim

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 18:25:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 18:25:39