Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / A couple of concepts

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2009 19:31 Edited at: 10th Dec 2009 16:54
Hey. These are my first attempts at actual concepts, ive never thought to try and make one so, i made these.

MP4 Player Concept Design

Sword Concept Design

Any comments on the concepts or criticism on them?

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Erm, Before you advertise yourself as a 2D artist you might want to make a few more examples... and practice a bit more.

Shaun Of The Dead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 09:09
Try looking on my site. These are my first concepts, but i have alot of other work.

I am going to start some more concepts on the weekend if i have time so ill keep you posted

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
I already looked at your site, and it is mostly fonts, and google images.

Shaun Of The Dead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 16:54 Edited at: 10th Dec 2009 16:55
last time i checked. Textures and concepts werent text and all mine were made custom. The only work on my site with images from google are the posters where 5 of them were part of a school project when i was limited to google for images. And most logo's are generally text/fonts.

Anyways, please do not post back here if you arent going to give me COMMENTS ON THE WORK OR CRITICISM

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Well OK then, the work on here doesn't really have much detail in it. The MP4 player is just a basic square design, and the sword is very wobbly.

Shaun Of The Dead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 18:29
The sword was a quick drawing i scanned in and went over in colour in photoshop. As i said, i am going to do more concepts over the weekend so i might re-do that one

As for the MP4 Player. That was the design i was going for, a shiny
i-pod look that is a basic shape like the many i looked at before embarking on the design.

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 18:55
@shaun, pincho took the time to offer honest feedback, all of which i agree with. if you're going to post your work for public critique, please be prepared for something less than "oh, it's great!". you asked for comments and criticism; take any feedback, good and bad, and consider it. it's a big part of how you'll improve. if you sit there and defend it, as you've done, you're prone to get less honest feedback which will only stunt your growth as an aspiring artist.

good luck!

Virtual Nomad @ California, USA
AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 9750 Quad-Core @ 2.4 GHz . 8 GB PC2-6400 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 @ 512 MB . Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 08:33
i have to agree with everyone else here, take the critique they've given you, and use it, think it over and improve..
Quote: "it's a big part of how you'll improve"

though, i can tell you that the sword is acually a fine piece of concept wich i acually would use.
though this is true:
Quote: "the sword is very wobbly"

keep it up^^

[Q]uik, Quiker than most
Shaun Of The Dead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 17:41
Thanks guys.

Quick: I will redo the sword and get it posted ASAP

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2009 06:21
If you're going to design something electronic you have to show how the components fit inside as well as the case. If the components wont fit inside you have a useless box. I'm sure you could find a spec of an iphone pretty easily.

"With games, we create these elaborate worlds in our minds, and the computer is there to do the bookkeeping." - Will Wright

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 11:16:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 11:16:18