Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How do i make a screen that gives the Objective to the player?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
In my game i would like to give the objective and details the player before he starts that mission. Like in Desent. ( older game )
So how could i make that Screen? I would like to display font that describes what to do to finish that lvl and enemys in that level. Thank you!
Hoosier Sign Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
One way would be to create your own load screens for eack level.It will give the player something to do while he is waiting for the game to load.

Sometimes you need "A Whack on the side of the Head"
to be more creative.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 00:45 Edited at: 10th Dec 2009 00:47
Another way to do it is how we do our objectives. First I create a trigger and give the MAIN script this code:

You can use this and just replace the "hudimagefine" field with your hud. The hudname, hudfadeout, and hudshow should be a name for that hud.

In addition and to give the player a bit more options, I create a trigger where the player will walk over and give the MAIN script field this second code:

Again, you can use and replace the "hudimagefine" field with your hud. The hudshow, hudunshow, and hudname should all be the same name.

When they hit the second trigger, it activates the key to display the objectives by pressing the "O" key.

As mentioned, you could also edit the page you use to display when "loading" takes place. I tried that, but I went the route I showed rather than that. It's all personal preference.

I hope that was helpful for you.

Cheers

Mike
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 02:13 Edited at: 10th Dec 2009 04:24
I like to make a custom loading screen that displays all the keyboard keys for the game. It gives the player something to look at while the level loads. You could add "O" to the list as I have done in the attached image or display them like I did in the game "Below".

Then use one of these scripts to display the objective in-game at any time.

I especially like the one that displays the hud image while a key is pressed instead of when a key is pressed. That way there is no other key needed to remove the hud image.

Brian.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hador
User Banned
Posted: 12th Dec 2009 20:00
make video with the objectives, and when the level loads, have a video zone where the player spawns. then any key can be pressed to get out of it.

DevBox forum http://www.devbox.6te.net

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 07:23:00
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 07:23:00