Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / So FPSC seems to be dead?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 01:36 Edited at: 11th Dec 2009 01:36
Well, I used to use FPSC and now X10 and X9 seem to be dead, the migration was in sight when I used it, but now it's kinda sad people are like don't worry wait for migration, has any info been released and anything new been said. Lee seems to have abandoned this and X10.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 01:38
While official development has been pretty stagnant since the release of 1.16, the unofficial development (mods.. etc.) have still been kicking strong. I don't think FPSC X9 is dead by any means, but I can't say one way or the other about X10.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 01:48
I don't really understand your statement. FPSC has seen more updates and action in the last year than it did in the first two years that I was here. There seems to be large influx of new members/users, and content from both TGC and forum members is through the roof. There are plenty of contests going on and new content/fan sites going up daily.

Please define dead.

Brian.

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 02:52
Xplosys is dead on with his statement, and I too don't really understand yours regarding FPSC being dead. In the time I've been here, this program has seen so many jumps, leaps and bounds. Many, stark revolutionary game development advances that have pushed FPSC X9 to heights it may never have achieved without a booming community that's still growing, and riddled with dedicated and enthusiastic users. Take a look at the list of Model Packs we've got, take a look at Model Pack 38 in particular! Head on over to the plethora of mod pages with such names as Project Blue, Project Green, Fenix Mod, Horror Mod, Snake Mod and many others, including the continuously growing EFX Mod. Might want to check out some of the amazing games being produced by developers right now as well.

But, from the design and creation of the TGC Store, to the tireless efforts of the new versions of FPSC, now at 1.16, to the countless dedicated hours put into free media being produced by many of our appreciated members in the forum, I really can't understand how this program is dead...I'm sorry

Life would be much easier if I had the source code.
kitty101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 02:58 Edited at: 11th Dec 2009 03:17
Its hard as hell coding this [mod edit]no starred out swears thanks[/mod edit] give lee a break.

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 04:28 Edited at: 11th Dec 2009 04:29
I think X10 is totally kuh-put. It has had no updates whatsoever in the past, what, half-year or so? Yet X9 has so much support as well as some from TGC, believe it or not [sacrcasm]

Oh, by the way, the efxMod site is back up New version of efxMod runs at about 100FPS on an average computer But limited airmod, I believe.

Blind Digger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 09:49
I got X10 first thought it had to be better than X9.

Didn't take long befour i got X9 though.X10 is so poor in update department.

[quote]I think X10 is totally kuh-put.
I agree.I only use X9 now.

Best Stephen
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 10:35
Heck, with bond1's new shader effects, the crazy awesome new mods and features and even the additions (and speedups) of the new source, FPSC is just becoming more and more a legitimate engine every day... Hardly dead, by any meaning of the word </>

Physix Coming Soon...
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 10:46 Edited at: 11th Dec 2009 10:46
Don't forget Lee has other things to update, like Dark Basic Pro. He works on one thing at a time and at the moment he's switched to DBP, once it's updated to where he's happy then he'll start on FPSC again and vice versa.

So these 'lapses' just means he's working on the next software in the perpetual loop.

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 11:16
Lol, pretty organised one what he updates then

btw nickeydude, I like what youve done to your sig xD

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 11:25 Edited at: 11th Dec 2009 11:26
Yeah, you have to appreciate how the cycle works. New features that are developed in DBPro make it into FPSC, so really development never stops for FPSC.

The most interesting additions recently are the automatic cube mapping, and limb specific animations. Consider having cube reflection mapping in FPSC, would really shake the visuals up I think. But I'm intrigued by the limb animation system - if they changed the animations on FPSC characters to be limb specific, then they could mix running loops with aiming, throwing etc. There would be far less replication, and models could probably use 1/10th of the number of keyframes to get better results. Things would just be a lot smoother. The main thing though, the complexity of bone based animation can have a huge effect on performance - the files are bloated by so many keyframes, and this slows the system down a great deal.

So, while you might think that FPSC development is falling to the wayside - it might actually end up getting a major FPS boost and some shiny new graphical effects.

As for X10 - maybe that should just migrate onto a windows 7 based engine. It's probably difficult to justify spending time on X10, compared to X9 and DBPro, which has a much larger and stronger user base.

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 14:44
FPSC will never die.

In fact anyone just starting out could not have joined at a better time. Purchase FPSC X9 with model pack 38 and you have a game engine which can produce commercial quality game content.

Its actually worked out well with Lee spending his time fixing bugs and making things more stable because bond1 has just taken care of updating FPSC graphics in a single model pack.

I would agree as a former FPSC X10 user that version is not a valid option due to the lack of offical support from TGC and unofficial support due to having a closed source for modification. All of the early adopters I know have given up on it now.

X9 is definately the place to be and finally we are starting to see its potential being realised due to the hard work and support of this community and committment from TGC to continue supporting it.

The migration is going to consolidate a lot of features people would like to have in the offical version over time but I would be very surprised if anyone is waiting for that before they start developing something as we are really spoiled for choice right now with the model packs and mods already available.

I put the attached together in a couple of hours using X9, model packs 9, 22, 38 and EFX Mod.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hador
User Banned
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 23:01
[sarcasm] you did not make that screen from fpsc! you ripped that off of a commercial game! [/sarcasm]

thats looks really good. fpsc is not dead. it has gotten way better since I got it 5 or so months ago (this is my new forum account, not using the old one anymore) and it is still growing.

DevBox forum http://www.devbox.6te.net
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 23:15
It's definitely not dead for me. In fact the BEST is yet to come.

But if it didn't, I can easilty be satisfied with the current version (116) and my RPG Mod; although, I am glad it is not done. Remember, Lee told us what we are going to get in the migration some time ago. And now he has expanded upon it with FPGC (role playing capability along with talking characters with lip sync).

-----------------------------------------------
OliveTreeGames
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 23:24
Yep. FPSC is more alive than ever. And I want that Metro Theatre now! God, it's so next gen! I need to collect money and fast. Or just ask it for christmas. lol.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=1904357
More info at the product Chat! FPNS comp
DJ Almix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2009 00:10
Well, all this stuff you talk about has been around for like a year, I am mainly talking about official support

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2009 00:49
There is new upgrade(s), mods are even more modded and there is new ones, new model packs, there is a lot of games on the W.I.P and in the Showcase forum, new media comes here all the time, I've seen many new users here (wich means, that people have bought FPSC) and lots of more. So I don't think it's dead. If anyone disagrees then go ahead. That's my opinion.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=1904357
More info at the product Chat! FPNS comp
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2009 03:07
Quote: "Well, all this stuff you talk about has been around for like a year, I am mainly talking about official support
"

Um... version 1.16 was only finalised in November of this year. That's only last month.

The new shader model pack, which I really think is going to open up FPSC graphically, was only released this month.

So no I don't think official support is anywhere near dead.
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2009 04:55 Edited at: 12th Dec 2009 04:56
Quote: "I am mainly talking about official support"

then your best bet would be to email TGC directly for official support and update related questions. We don't know when or what Lee is going to do next.

All that we can tell you is that FPS Creator is not dead. The engine is constantly being updated with new mod features, shaders, and so on. Lee didn't add Dark AI in X9, Hockeykid did. Lee didn't add bloom and full screen shaders, Plystire did. And bond1 created the new pixel shader 2.0. If someone can't utilize all of those features to create a game worth playing, then the migration won't help them either.

Kravenwolf

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2009 05:16
Quote: "I would agree as a former FPSC X10 user that version is not a valid option due to the lack of official support from TGC and unofficial support due to having a closed source for modification. All of the early adopters I know have given up on it now."

So true any one want my copy?

The buddy system is essential to your survival; it gives the enemy somebody else to shoot at.
The problem with taking the easy way out is that the enemy has already mined it.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2009 15:11
The next update is some ways off but there are a few surprises.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 07:27:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 07:27:50