Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Are you good on DGDK? Lend some wisdom.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Question 1: Why will gdk only allow .x Files to work in my map? I get crashes every time i try .3ds.

Question 2: What kind of code can i use to have my program count in seconds.

Question 3: My terrain looks nice but if i try and add paths such as brown walk ways, the texture i use for it always looks bad. Like i will have either huge looking pebbles, or really blurring pixled images. How do i take a pic and use it over and over on small areas so that no detail is lost?

I will add more when i think about them. I try to solve all this myself but i run into a lot of problems so i work with them for a while then move on with a half assed fix.
Serial Velocity
Years of Service
User Offline
1) It's 3DS support isn't really that good. However GDK also supports dbo, which is its native format, which loads much quicker.

2) It's fairly simple, just check if one second has passed and increment a variable if it has:

3) You're best bet here is using shaders, however I'm not that good with terrains so I'm probably wrong

Hope this helps

Zapleaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you very much that was very helpful!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 18:36:55
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 18:36:55