Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / My latest 3D creation StarField

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2009 03:13 Edited at: 13th Dec 2009 03:46
This is a 3D shooter game. There are endless levels, so see how far you can get. Bug reports to ras6711@yahoo.com please.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bizmddgzioz

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bizmddgzioz/StarField.zip

Screen shot here. Couldn't get link to upload the pic here
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4yimtltiqmd/starfieldscrsht1.bmp

Thanks
Rich

Richard
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2009 05:17 Edited at: 13th Dec 2009 05:18
way too confusing to control for me but here's the screenshot so others can see and try for themselves:

Virtual Nomad @ California, USA
AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 9750 Quad-Core @ 2.4 GHz . 8 GB PC2-6400 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 @ 512 MB . Vista Home Premium 64 Bit

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rasdini
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2009 10:16 Edited at: 14th Dec 2009 10:22
It may seem tough, but you can always press the S key twice. That will put you in the rear mode behind your craft. Keep in mind that the camera is above your ship, so the goodies you try to get should be below the center of the screen. I found it difficult until I flew in the first view for a while. It is like flying a remote control airplane and you get used to the depth thing. I find it is a nice change from the usual views of most games. Then you get used to it and it becomes easy. Now I can get anything I want and build shields and guns past the end of the screen. You get a laser beam and later two laser beams that self target for you. The boss in the distance will eventually close in, and he is huge and posesses more than one weapon. Give it a chance and you will see, there is a lot of action down the road.
Thanks Virtual for the screen shot, I appreciate it. How did you get that image posted?

Richard
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2009 11:08 Edited at: 14th Dec 2009 11:15
hey, yah. i may give it another shot but i did cycle through the various views and couldn't find one i liked.

as far as the screenshot, i downloaded your bmp file, converted it to jpg and attached it to the post there. once attached, right-click the "view" button (bottom-right of the post) and "copy shortcut". then, edit the post, add the image tags using the url from the shortcut, and there you go

edit: i had a look at your past posts (since you pre-date me but i've rarely seen you around) and it looks like you've been having trouble posting screenshots here for quite some time . maybe the short tutorial i provided will fix that. meanwhile, i'll have to download that matrix editor and check it out!

Virtual Nomad @ California, USA
AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 9750 Quad-Core @ 2.4 GHz . 8 GB PC2-6400 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 @ 512 MB . Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
Rasdini
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your help, it is greatly appreciated. I will reference your tutorial next time I need to post a sceen shot. Mega-Matrix Master Pro is a editor I created to be simple, as other terrain editors seem so complicated. I figured what better way to learn how matrix matters work than to make my own editor. It just snowballed into something usable. make sure you get Mega-Matrix Master Pro and not one of my earlier versions. I use it often and it works great for me. I like that an image can be applied to the matrix so editing becomes easier as you can see terrain details to help set heights.

Richard
darkvee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2010 16:40 Edited at: 8th Feb 2010 16:41
Hi I just checked out the game
I didn't experience any slow downs really.
I think you had the right idea, but I would have used the mouse to control the ship angle. Using the arrow keys makes it to complicated.

Also at the first that big yellow star getting in the way of how to play is alittle annoying.

Other then that man I think you got a good game if you can fix them issues.

darkvee

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:20:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:20:34