Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark GDK .. always blue or black screens

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2009 20:37
Hi ;
Just like the title says .. I am just beginning to use Dark GDK downloaded and installed VC++ 2008 - DirectX Aug 2007 - Dark GDK and also the new update ..
Started with the tutorial " 01- Getting Started " and followed everything down to the last letter .. and yet all I get either black screen when there is no pic in the folder or the name is changed .. or the more often I get that damn blue screen with nothing else ...
So I got a bit curios and started looking at other samples and discovered that nothing actually works .. everything just gives off either a Blue screen or Black screen .. nothing else ..

I read one of the posts that said that the reason of this is the update I installed and so I removed the Dark GDK .. and reinstalled it without the update and yet the problem remains ( I didn't uninstall either the VC++ or the DirectX SDK just the Dark GDK ) .. there is just nothing wrong everything works fine and compiles allright without errors at all ( except that when it beings it tells me " This program is out of date .. compile anyway ? " I answer Yes and it continues normally until it starts ..
AND THEN BLUE .. that is it ...
Did anyone had this problem before ? and if you did what was the solution ?
Please if there is anymore info you need just tell me .. the code is exactly the same as in the first tutorial so no need to post it ...

Majo Basha
Majo Basha
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2009 14:09
What guys .. is it that hard ? or that stupid ?

Majo Basha
Majo Basha
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2009 22:08
Ok I have tried everything .. uninstalled it all and reinstalled it more then one time ( everything and I mean everything ) .. and still the same result .. a damn BLUE SCREEN .. any ideas ..
Come on .. no matter how stupid just shoot I am ready for anything ...

Majo Basha

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 20:32:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 20:32:49