Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / [LOCKED] FPS Creation Help?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, yesterday me and friend were sitting around, were watching the VGAs and we soon found ourselves saying "We should make a game." We have previously developed games for multiple communities so we thought it would be cool to begin a full length project.

So, first I went out on a method of creating this game. I have experience with VB.NET and some C#, some I began looking for a suitable tool. First considered was UDK, but since it was way to overpowered for a two man project, we looked at BASIC languages. First we considered Blitz3D, it was too simplistic, so we stepped up to DarkBASIC. We were a bit worried about pricing, but then were relieved to see DarkBASIC Pro was being offered for free, so we took the opportunity.

Now, I know FPS Creator exists but we need more flexibility then that. I know the mechanics of game design and am looking for some tutorials to get me on my feet using DarkBASIC, eg:the syntax and how it may be different from VB.NET and how to render certain things.

So if you guys could point me in the direction of some good tutorials that could all lead up to FPS creation, I would thank you very much.

Avery
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2009 09:55
You should maybe go to the DarkBASIC Professional board for the latest version of DB, which is now free.

AveryMaurice
Years of Service
User Offline
I already have it, I said that in my post even lol.
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 12:42
Have a look to TDK´S tutorial.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=99497&b=10

learning every day
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
I remember years ago Ruccus made a really nice FPS tutorial. Search around and you should find it here somewhere.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I already have it, I said that in my post even lol."

He's saying that your posting in the wrong section you posted in the Dark Basic section since this is about Dark Basic Pro it should've been posted on the Dark Basic Pro board.

Malboro Jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2010 15:25
I started programming in DB about 2 months ago, I created a game in 2 weeks worthy of a distinction on the course I'm on before starting the unit with no help except for a bit of the maths! All I did was go through the index in the DB help files and went through the commands and picked it up in a matter of days! So do that!! As you already have programming experience then |it should be easy enough!!

Don't make war, make tea.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 02:09:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 02:09:59