Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

PureGDK / Compile errors with Puebasic 4.31 and PureGDK examples

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2009 16:55
I just started experimenting with the included examples of DBPRO that came with the PureGDK. I am now encountering this error whenever I try to compile and run any of the examples:

Error: Linker
POLINK: warning: No subsystem specified; assuming CONSOLE.
POLINK: error: Unresolved external symbol 'SYS_AllocateString'.
POLINK: fatal error: 1 unresolved external(s).

I have encountered this error on numerous DBPRO examples installed with the PureGDK "DBPRO" folder.

Russell B. Davis/aerostudios
aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2009 23:35
Disregard. I think I have gotten past the problem. I had first purchased Purebasic 4.31, and then updated to 4.40. After that I purchased the PureGDK and installed it. I then realized, the PureGDK was only compatible with 4.31. So, I installed 4.31 again, but into its own folder. So I had both 4.31 and 4.40 and the PureGDK all installed on my system. So when trying to run the DBPro examples from my 4.31 installation, they would not compile and reported the error I first mentioned. So, I removed everything, 4.31, 4.40 and the PureGDK. I then used CCLEANER to clean my system and the registry. I have now reinstalled 4.31 and the PureGDK only. It appears everything is running as it should.

Russell B. Davis/aerostudios
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2009 03:24 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2009 03:24
Glad to hear you've got it working. The next release will come with include files which can be compiled to TailBite libraries. This means that no release will be restricted to any one version. You can easily recompile all of the libraries to work with a different target.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:21:25
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:21:25