Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / 0nX - A work in progress...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2009 19:12
0nX
A game by =PRoF=

A game of Noughts and Crosses for your consideration.

>Download the Demo<

I have reached a part in development where I can't really progress any further without some feedback from people, so if you'd please download my little demo and have a play and then let me know what you think? That'd be awesome, thanks

Here are some of the things I need to find out from you all...

i) Do you find it too hard or easy? You can't change the difficulty yet; but you will soon. I'm hoping you will find the game's current difficulty suitable for the "medium" difficulty setting.

ii) How does it play? Does it run smoothly? and how intuitive to use do you find it?

iii) Any glaringly obvious bugs I may have missed? lol

iv) Any other comments & criticisms

As I said before, it's very much a work in progress at tho mo, and only Single Player mode and Hotseat 2 player work, although Single player is the one I'm most worried about finding out about.

Thanks for helping

>Download the Demo<

>The 0nX website<

Screenshots:

Without Music or Love the world would be a very empty place... Thank god I still have music.. --'-<@
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2009 19:42
it's smooth, and it's pretty good! but, its boring as you have 100% chance to win, you might want to upgrade it, like, you know msn's tic tac toe 3d mode? you can do something similar, its more fun
but the game is good after all

=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2009 20:15
Thanks for being the first Hassan

Yes, it is a little boring, but the goal is to finish a project. Lol.

I have noticed that after the first game, you start off first again. This is a bug, your supposed to take 2nd turn if you are the previous winner. It makes it a little more challenging.

Altho, you found the AI too easy to beat? I shall work on making it trickier for the next update.

Without Music or Love the world would be a very empty place... Thank god I still have music.. --'-<@
Joeeigel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2009 20:23
Good solid game play and seemed pretty bug free, I only won one game, lsot two, drew the rest, Except for a menu button doing nothing (The full screen one) I think it was a good atempt at making naughts and crosses, good job.

=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2009 21:10 Edited at: 21st Dec 2009 21:13
@Joeeigel:
The difficulty and fullscreen/windowed options will be implemented soon. I need to see how people find the game plays now before trying to make it easier/harder. I have implemented the fullscreen/windowed bit but its buggy and I remmed it out for this release.

Thanks for looking

Kryogenik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2009 23:11
I played through it and I think its pretty cool. I like the menus and stuff. The only bug I found was that when you press control to hide the debug info, it flashes, but thats all I see wrong with it. Nice work
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2009 11:04
@Kryogenik:
Yup, it needs a flag adding to stop that from happening. Altho since I never turn off the debug, I hadn't noticed :$ thanks for spotting it.

I'm really interested on the minimum spec of this game? so if your PC is old and not so good; please try my game?

I'd be quite interested to see it run on something like an 850 Duron, 512mb ram and a 32mb gfx card?

Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 13:56:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 13:56:31