Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / [LOCKED] Installing DarkBasic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello All.

I downloaded the free version of Darkbasic and after installing the software it gave me a error message.
The first one was concerning the absence of directX9c. I then installed directX10 and it then gave a different error message
'EditorNew.exe - Entry Point Not Found'
'The procedure entry point_exept_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll'

Any help is appreciated.
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Just a thought, though I could be wrong. I don't think DBC is compatible with DX10. Either way, try installing 9.0c (you should be able to find a reliable download for it via google) and see if that fixes the problem.

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose
Dark_DNA
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for responding.

The other snag I ran into was that the version I installed apparently was not date 2006 or later. The docs inform me that it cannot be uninstalled, and so can another installation be put in place on top of that one?
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2009 03:30
This is the DB Classic board!

TDK

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:20:12
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:20:12