Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Using dark GDK for university assignment?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey all I am currently doing a computer games programming assignment for university and was thinking of using the dark GDK in C++ for the program itself, however I read the license and it says royalty free for personal use so does this mean I would have to purchase a license to be able to use it in my university work?
Thanks in advance
heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2009 21:17
Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure that the commercial license is only if you want to sell it, so for your purposes I think that the free license would be just fine.

The penguin faces south
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2009 19:16
unless your university is one of those ones that takes your home work and says they own it and can do whatever they want including sell - like many universities do to folks working on PHD's and stuff.

I don't TGC would care for an assignment - besides - if you have your sources documented - that should free you up - if they want to sell your homework - they can buy a license: I think you're FREE and clear LOL

--Jason... oh yea.. don't quote me on this [as I hit submit to the internet]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 20:19:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 20:19:03