Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Indigo Christmas Beta Release

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2009 00:05 Edited at: 5th Feb 2010 04:37
Merry Christmas (a little early),

Here is a public beta version of Indigo (expires April 1, 2010). No documentation as of yet.

From current beta tests it appears to work consistently on XP, Vista, and 7. Here is a list of features (not a complete list, will update soon) and a screenshot.

• Dockable Windows
• Reset Dock layout to original layout
• Cut, Copy, Paste (including across tabs)
• Compile Only, Compile & Run, Run Last Compile
• Able to work with source while compiling
• Concatenation
... Able to select concatenation symbol(s)
• Ctrl + Scroll = Zoom (Resize font size in current source window)
• Auto-Suggest for Keywords and Code Elements (Functions, Labels, Variables, and Constants)
• Auto-Suggest for User Defined Types
• Auto-Complete Parenthesis
• Auto-Complete Quotes
• Auto-Case Fix Up (DBPro Keywords and Code Elements)
• Status bar with:
... Line #
... Column #
... Current Keyword information
• Help Window refreshes with current Keyword information
• Keyword information Tooltip (DBPro Keywords and Code Elements [excluding Types])
• Global Find and Replace (all source files, open or not)
• Goto Line
... Enter Project line number and Indigo opens the Include and highlights the line
• Line folding for functions, labels, types, for / next, remstart / remend, select / endselect, case / endcase, if / endif
• Fold All Lines [Alt + 0] / Unfold All Lines [Alt + Shift + 0]
• Multiline Commenting:
... RemStart/RemEnd (select to auto fold if using this option)
... `
... //
• Crtl+Tab and Crtl+Shift+Tab to Navigate Source Tabs
• To-Do List
• Snippet library

Again, this is a public BETA test, please be sure to backup your source accordingly.

[2009-12-23]
Beta 1.0.1 - Fix a permission error on Vista
[2009-12-24]
Beta 1.0.2 - Fix (or least suppress) an error on Windows 7 (64 bit?)
[2009-12-28]
Beta 1.0.3 - Added Crtl+W to close current source tab, suppressed an extra quote when using Auto-Complete Quotes option, added some options to the Plug-Ins list: Exclude (Rename)-it appends ".exclude" to the end of the dll to exclude it from being used (wip); Open Folder-Opens the Plug-ins folder containing the dll; Refresh-refreshes the Plug Ins list.
[2009-12-30]
Beta 1.0.4 - Fixed some 'Tools->Options' and 'Run Last Compile' errors. Ran this version on two computers running Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) and seemed to work as expected, with the exception of finding the DBPro install path. 64 bit users should be able to manually set this in Options for now.
[2010-01-01]
Beta 1.0.5 - Minor adjustments. And a download that contains something .
[2010-01-08]
Beta 1.0.6 - Fixed the issue with the crashing with a new Indigo_Keywords.ini file. Fixed a bug with preliminary code for the ‘Case Fix Up’ option that was in 1.0.4. Added an ‘Imports’ windows that shows Media, Icons, and Cursors that are to be imported into the project. I personally don’t do this (yet), so I have not “fully” tested this. If someone does do this could you please test to make sure that your projects compiles and performs as expected? With a test/ copy project of cause . Completed the ‘Auto Case Fix Up’ option.
[2010-01-25]
Beta 1.0.7 - A lot of little fixes through out (highlighting, autocomplete, and casing fix up issues mostly). Still have minor issues with creating a new project. Need to add types to autocomplete list.
[2010-01-25]
Beta 1.0.8 - Syntax highlighting should be at 92%. Removed local variables from highlighting (for now). Added a basic Snippet library and a To-Do List.

Please remove all 1.0.4 or older files before installing the new version.

Regards,

Coming soon: Indigo a DBPro IDE alternative

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Melancholic
Years of Service
User Offline
Nooooooooo!, it dosent work for me!. ive been waiting for this for ages. as synergy, well isnt that good, and codesurge wont work for me. i get an unhandled exception error while it loads. Will look more at it tomorow, need sleep now
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2009 01:58
Melancholic,

Please send me the log file that should be located in the same folder as the Indigo.exe. Also what OS are you running?

Regards,

Melancholic
Years of Service
User Offline
Im running vista home premium, log dosent say much but ill atach, this is the error i get:

Attachments

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2009 02:17 Edited at: 24th Dec 2009 02:49
Melancholic,

So there was no 'log.txt' file in the same folder as the Indigo.exe? [edit]sorry, didn't see the attachment[\edit]

Quote: "Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark Basic Professional\Editor\Keywords\keywords.ini' is denied."

Seems to be the problem. Do you have admin rights on the computer that you're using?

Regards,

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2009 04:45
Melancholic,

Please try the updated download in the first post.

Regards,

Melancholic
Years of Service
User Offline
The new version works fine , not to mention ITS AWSOME!. Thanks Balid for the help and a simply inspiring IDE!.
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2009 23:01 Edited at: 24th Dec 2009 23:01
I was going to see what great ideas I could "borrow" from this IDE, but it won't work for me. It says "Could not find a part of the path "\editor\dbp_config.dll" The rest of the message is:

I'm running Windows 7 Pro, and my DBP is installed to the default location of c:\program files(x86)\The game creators\etc.

Edit:
Melancholic, if you'd post the trouble you're having with CodeSurge in the CodeSurge thread, I'd like to help you out.

CodeSurge
Version 2 coming soon!
GIDustin
Years of Service
User Offline
I get the same message as hyrichter above, except I am using Windows 7 Home. DBP also installed in an x86 directory

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2009 23:52 Edited at: 24th Dec 2009 23:53
hyrichter or GIDustin,

Could you send my the registry path that holds where your DBP install location is? For the testers this seemed to be it ["HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Dark Basic\Dark Basic Pro", "INSTALL-PATH"].

Regards,

GIDustin
Years of Service
User Offline
Didn't realize the registry of windows 7 was so different than XP

Anyway, I found this one:
["HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Dark Basic\Dark Basic Pro","INSTALL-PATH"]

hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2009 02:11 Edited at: 25th Dec 2009 02:28
Here's what CS uses, and it works on 2000, XP, Vista, and 7:

Edit:
Interesting stuff about the registry on 64 bit versions on Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896459

CodeSurge
Version 2 coming soon!
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2009 02:36 Edited at: 25th Dec 2009 03:15
hyrichter,

Thank you. The path that CS uses looks to be the same as the one Indigo is using. Something that I noticed in GIDustins path is the 'Wow6432Node'. Do you have either path in your registry?

GIDustin,

Does CS work for you? And are you running 64 bit?

I've uploaded another update in the first post. [edit]cann't add the update to the first post, I'll try to add it here.[/edit]

Regards,

Attachments

GIDustin
Years of Service
User Offline
Been using CS for quite some time, and yes I have Windows 7 Home Premuim 64bit. It looks like several of my apps have registry settings int hat Wow6432Node folder.

GIDustin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2009 03:27 Edited at: 25th Dec 2009 03:28
I got farther with that new version. Most of the app loads, the splash is still in place, and I get "%1 is not a valid Win32 application."

Rest of the error:

hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2009 04:15

Exactly the same problem as GIDustin. That Wow6432Node is for 32 bit apps that run on a 64 bit operating system. Windows automatically redirects any 32 bit apps to that folder.

CodeSurge
Version 2 coming soon!
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2009 05:10
Quote: "Windows automatically redirects any 32 bit apps to that folder."
I'll have to revisit how I'm using the 'Registry.GetValue' command.

I see I now have two 64 bit beta testers . Thank you very much.

Could you send me the log.txt file that should be in the same folder as the Indigo.exe?

Off to bed so Santa can arrive .

Merry Christmas,

hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2009 05:26
Here's the log

Merry Christmas to you.

CodeSurge
Version 2 coming soon!
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2009 05:32
hyrichter,

Perfect. I did some quick Googling (which I shouldn't have done as I'm too tired to understand what I'm reading) but the second problem may actually be with one of the controls that I'm using not being fully compatible with 64 bit OS's. There appears to be a 64 bit version that I will track down after Christmas.

Thank you again for your help.

wildbill
Years of Service
User Offline
I get a Entry point not found error. GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL.

I have Windows XP.

Log attached

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2009 18:49 Edited at: 25th Dec 2009 19:00
wildbill,

I did a quick Google search and found some information here > http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/04/16/problems-arising-from-psapidll-dynamic-link-library-file/. An older version of PSAPI.DLL (on your computer) may be causing issues with IE 7 instance that is being used to display the DBPRo help files. Just a thought. Do you use IE7 or Firefox/Chrome?

Regards,

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2009 21:17 Edited at: 25th Dec 2009 21:19
hyrichter and GIDustin,

Please try this version. I tried to compile the SciLexer.dll as 64 bit but I may have wait until Monday (and try to do it at work, ah, during lunch that is ).

Regards,

Attachments

GIDustin
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "hyrichter and GIDustin,

Please try this version."

Same error as before, with the "%1 is not a valid Win32 application."

Log:

hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2009 19:22
Still have the same problem. %1 is not a valid Win32 application. Hope you get it working soon.

CodeSurge
Version 2 coming soon!
BearCDP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2009 09:02
My phyJump code compiles perfectly, and the auto-complete features make me happy inside. I'll probably switch to this for right now.

The only quirks I've found is that the auto-complete for quotes doesn't work the same as auto-complete for parentheses (it doesn't recognize a manual closing quote). Also, what do you think about adding a Ctrl+W shortcut for closing a file? Netbeans does this, and every time I used Synergy or Visual Studio I go nuts not having that shortcut.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2009 16:50
Quote: "Also, what do you think about adding a Ctrl+W shortcut for closing a file?"
This has been added to the next Beta release.
Quote: "The only quirks I've found is that the auto-complete for quotes doesn't work the same as auto-complete for parentheses (it doesn't recognize a manual closing quote). "
Do you mean that you expect "" (to get an empty string) but get """"?

Quote: "I'll probably switch to this for right now."
Only for now ? Hopefully that will be a long term now .

Regards,

BearCDP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2009 20:27 Edited at: 28th Dec 2009 20:27
Yes, that's what happens, pressing Shift+" twice leaves me with ["""](3 quote characters).

Oh, and by "for right now", I mean until the next beta release, and subsequently the final release

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2009 20:49
Quote: "Yes, that's what happens, pressing Shift+" twice leaves me with ["""](3 quote characters)."
Corrected.

Quote: "Oh, and by "for right now", I mean until the next beta release, and subsequently the final release "

The next beta should be soon(ish). I want to spend a little more time on getting the SciLexer.dll to work on 64 bit. I made some modifications and can not use an old version that I found.

Oh yeah, thanks for observations / suggestions.

Regards,

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2009 23:12
{Yeap, another double post}
hyrichter & GIDustin,

Pleaes replace the SciLexer.dll with this attached one. It should be compiled to be 64 bit compatable. I get the same error on both my 32 bit machines that you seem to get on a 64 bit (which is the same error I get from a old 64 bit version of the SciLexer.dll).

Regards,

Attachments

GIDustin
Years of Service
User Offline
New error for ya after using the new SciLexer.dll: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Log is as follows:

hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2009 04:16
Same as GIDustin.

And the log:

CodeSurge
Version 2 coming soon!
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2009 05:36 Edited at: 29th Dec 2009 22:09
Quote: "New error for ya after using the new SciLexer.dll: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Log is as follows:
"
Well, can we at least call it a half step forward???

With having an actual 64 bit OS to test on this is going to take awhile. GIDustin or hyrichter, could you download the latest beta (1.0.3) and again replace the SciLexer.dll with the one in my previous post? It's not going to fix anything I just add a little more logging. Then please with this SciLexer.dll? It is an older 64 bit version. Just trying to determine where the error may be. If this version works there will not be any syntax highlighting. If it doesn't work then there's possibly an issue with the ScintillaNet.dll.

Anyway, there's a new Beta release in the first post. BearCDP I think you'll be interested.

[edit]Removed the download.[/edit]

Regards,

GIDustin
Years of Service
User Offline
Updated to latest version in the first post, tried both the latest two DLLs, got the "Object Reference" error on both DLLs. Log of the last DLL:

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2009 17:59 Edited at: 29th Dec 2009 18:32
GIDustin,

Fantastic. I was expecting it to not get past "-->> LoadCodeControlSettings". That means that it's not the DLL. Could you post the log when using the DLL from my 28th Dec 2009 17:12 post? I just want to make sure that that one gets this far as well.

This gives me hope.

[edit] I think I found the problem. Since Indigo is not able to locate where DBPro is installed on your computer it is not able to build the keyword list so it is never instantiated and causing the null pointer exception. Should have an update soon.[/edit]

[edit2]Please try this exe. I feel kind of like a noob again, using variables that have no value . What should happen, is that Indigo will finish loading an then ask you where DBPro is installed. You will have to restart Indigo.[/edit2]

Best regards,

Attachments

hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2009 20:26
It says I need to set the DBP path, but as soon as the message box is gone it gives me the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error. I get the same error from going through the menu.

Other than that, I'm able to type code, and play around with the IDE, but without any syntax highlighting or compiling ability.

CodeSurge
Version 2 coming soon!
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2009 20:30
hyrichter,

Sounds like progress to me . I'll look in to where else I'm using potentially uninstantiated variables.

Regards,

Jeff032
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2009 01:26 Edited at: 30th Dec 2009 01:27
I'm running Windows 7 Professional x64, using the new versions of the dll and exe that you posted. I tried to break it a bit, so here is what I've got so far

On launch, I get the error stating it could not determine the DBP install path, and then I get the same error as hyrichter.

If I press continue on the error message, the options window is displayed, but it is displayed behind the main window, and I have to minimize the main window to get to it.

If I try to go to Tools->Options with the options window still open, I get:

If I then close Tools->Options and try to open it again, I get:

The first time I click Run Last Compile, I get the error:

If I press it again, I get "Windows cannot find 'Untitled.exe' ..."

Clicking on the About menu gives:

The field validation icon for the goto line number is only partially displayed on the form.

The tabs on the right side of the screen seem really buggy. If I expand the window enough, they just disappear. A also lose the scrollbar on the right side of the screen.

I also got a crash with Reset Layout (missing root element or something?) but I haven't been able to reproduce it.

And if I open your log file in Word before launching the program, I get:

Hope this helps
-Jeff

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2009 05:16 Edited at: 30th Dec 2009 23:20
Jeff032,

Thanks, 4 of the 5 listed issued should be addressed in this release.

Quote: "The field validation icon for the goto line number is only partially displayed on the form.

The tabs on the right side of the screen seem really buggy. If I expand the window enough, they just disappear. A also lose the scrollbar on the right side of the screen"
Interesting, I wonder if the newer version of the docking control I'm using would help? Will have to investigate that later.

Quote: "And if I open your log file in Word before launching the program,"
Before or after starting Indigo. It makes sense if Indigo is running and you get the error.

While I feel for those running 64 bit, I am very happy that they are the only ones encountering problems. I will hopefully have Windows 7 64 bit or Vista 64 bit running on a virtual PC soon so I can see first hand the 64 bit issues and may be do some development in those environments.

[edit]removed download[/edit]
Regards,

GIDustin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2009 05:51 Edited at: 30th Dec 2009 06:06
Balid:

Just got done with errands today. I see hyrichter tried out your newest version.

Quote: "Could you post the log when using the DLL from my 28th Dec 2009 17:12 post?"

Sure. Crashed with the same error as the DLL posted after it.

Lemme know if you need anything else

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2009 23:38 Edited at: 30th Dec 2009 23:41
GIDustin,

Thank you.

In this new verion I ran it on two computers running Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) and seemed to work as expected, with the exception of finding the DBPro install path. 64 bit users should be able to manually set this in Options for now.

Please remove all old files before installing the new version (attachment is in the first post).

Regards,

hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2009 05:06
I'd try it, but I think your attachment is corrupted. It says it's only 22 bytes.

CodeSurge
Version 2 coming soon!
GIDustin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2009 06:13 Edited at: 31st Dec 2009 06:15
I think the file is corrupt. I keep getting a 22byte file...

Edit: Didn't see your post hyrichter. I am anxious to try this out as I have nothing else to do tonight.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2010 04:03
Quote: "I'd try it, but I think your attachment is corrupted"
I double checked the zip that I uploaded and apparently I uploaded the wrong one (as well as deleted the one I was suppose to upload).

Quote: " I am anxious to try this out as I have nothing else to do tonight."
Sorry this is a little late . New Years Eve and all.

Beta 1.0.5 doesn't have any note worthy changes. Mostly just the fact that it's been uploaded (and some minor adjustments to the lexer). Please see the first post for download and please delete old versions before trying the latest version.

Regards,

GIDustin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2010 20:19 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2010 20:21
Balid:

It Works!! I found a couple of problems though, all minor

GLOBAL SOME_VARIABLE = 10
Highlights fine
GLOBAL SOME_VARIABLE= 10
Does not

#constant SOME_ACTION 5
function SOME_ACTION()
endfunction
The constant declaration is highlighted as if it were a function and not a constant.

I have another syntax highlighting issue, but I cant really describe it so here is a screenshot. The "C" in CUR_GAME is red... It also shows an error I got while testing your Parenthesis Autocompletion. I typed
and it put up the second parenthesis. I then typed
While the cursor was still after the "T" in text and the second parenthesis I hit "enter" and received the error shown in the screenshot. The program then closed completely. Not sure why I hit enter, force of habit maybe.

Alot of the features will be nice once completed. Looking forward to a non-Beta release

Attachments

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2010 05:34
Aw gee, I don't get emailed these new beta versions personally anymore. I was spoiled before, LOL!

Anyway on a new install when it is first saving keywords it throws an exception, and when I click Continue it gets stuck. Here's the info.

If I close the IDE and restart it it runs fine after that, unless I delete the keywords.ini file again.

A 3D marble platformer using Newton physics.
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2010 23:45 Edited at: 4th Jan 2010 23:46
GIDustin,

Thank you. I should those issues fixed with the exception of the 'The constant declaration is highlighted as if it were a function and not a constant.' issue. It'll be awhile before I get that one worked out. Indigo knows that their different but the lexer highlights words that look like fucntions first and doesn't know if the word is a function or a constant or a label. I will have to add more logic to the Scintilla control.

Quote: "I was spoiled before, LOL!"
Yeap

I fixed the issue with the crashing with a new Indigo_Keywords.ini file. Some strange code in an odd spot. Should have a new version out for you to test (check your email ).

Regards,

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2010 18:37
Beta 1.0.6 - Fixed the issue with the crashing with a new Indigo_Keywords.ini file. Fixed a bug with preliminary code for the ‘Case Fix Up’ option that was in 1.0.4. Added an ‘Imports’ windows that shows Media, Icons, and Cursors that are to be imported into the project. I personally don’t do this (yet), so I have not “fully” tested this. If someone does do this could you please test to make sure that your projects compiles and performs as expected? With a test/ copy project of cause . Completed the ‘Auto Case Fix Up’ option.

Still having some minor issues with syntax highlighting of keywords.
[/b]

Please remove all 1.0.4 or older files before installing the new version. See first post for download.

Regards,

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2010 22:23
Beta 1.0.7 - A lot of little fixes through out (highlighting, autocomplete, and casing fix up issues mostly). Still have minor issues with creating a new project. Need to add types to autocomplete list.

Still having some minor issues with syntax highlighting of keywords.

Latest download is in the first post.

Regards,

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 04:46
Beta 1.0.8 - Syntax highlighting should be at 92%. Removed local variables from highlighting (for now). Added a basic Snippet library and a To-Do List.

As usual, latest download is in the first post.

Regards,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 04:55:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 04:55:21