Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / What Do you use, C++ or DarkGDK to write code?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I keep seeing codes in this forum but I don't know wether to use Microsoft C++ compiler or DarkGDK? Could you help me out?
Freedom Fighters
Years of Service
User Offline
what you mean these?

Problem Solution That Never Fails: "Build A Bridge And Get Over It"
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2009 13:02
dgdk is a library that is used from MSVC++, not a language

Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2009 17:33
To put it in a cheesy but comprehensive analogy, it's like C++ is a paintbrush, which is no use without paint! DarkGDK itself is the paint.

Basically, DarkGDK provides the ability to make games, but you use these commands through C++.

"everyone forgets a semi-colon sometimes." - Phaelax
Marsh0
Years of Service
User Offline
As the above users have mentioned you use both. It is basically the same thing and uses the same compiler.
entomophobiac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2010 10:02
The DarkGDK is a DirectX wrapper -- not a language, not a compiler and not anything else, either. It provides the functionality of DirectX in a greatly simplified manner.

Because of this, when people present their "engines" written in the DGDK, it makes me cry. DarkGDK is the engine, with DirectX at its heart. And you use it with Microsoft's Visual Studio and its accompanying compiler.

If you follow the TGC download instructions, you'll be set with everything you need.

http://gdk.thegamecreators.com/?f=downloads
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2010 19:40
GDK may be a rendering engine with an audio engine etc, but that doesn't make it a game engine. See UDK or Unity for a game engine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 20:21:32
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 20:21:32