Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark GDK and Bullet Physics...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone has used Bullet Physics with Dark GDK. Or, if you haven't, can you recommend another physics library that will work with Dark GDK?

I don't want to buy Dark Physics at the moment. Instead I'm looking for some free alternatives. Any ideas? Does anyone know of a physics library that will allow me to use ellipsoid/capsule collision detection?

Thanks!
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2009 21:48 Edited at: 31st Dec 2009 21:49
I am currently wrapping physX for dosp(open source project), I will be making it freely available for non S3GE users as well, it will not have all the features of Dark Physics but I wil be adding more in the future.

Here are a list of available commands I have written and tested(needs more testing though, just to be sure)

Just need to add or change a couple of things before I make it available.

There are other people wrapping Newton and Havok but don't think they are available at the moment.
lesPaul456
Years of Service
User Offline
Interesting. Let me know when it's released.

I'm going to try to see if Bullet Physics will work, and I've registered for PhysX. Really, I'm just looking for ease of use right know, since at the moment I'm making simple, non-commercial games as a hobby.

Thanks!
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2009 22:20
I used to hate doing collision, but even with my limited PhysX wrapper, collision is really easy. If you set your objects up correct at the start you don't need to worry about collision at all, its a big time saver and the collision is very efficient.

I'm going to try and release it within the next week, would be great if you could test it for me.
lesPaul456
Years of Service
User Offline
Sure, just let me know when it's ready.

Sounds nice, since I haven't really liked doing collision detection with Dark GDK.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 20:21:54
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 20:21:54