Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / TOM CLANCY'S SPLINTER CELL

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 21:48
Man you guys have just got to check out this game:

http://www.splintercell.com/uk/

The only game to come close enough to Metal Gear Solid!!!
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 21:56
man just check out the pics, is this game hot or what?

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 22:04
just imagine making this kina game using dark basic, do you think it would be possible? even if it is the game would be super slow, say 2fps, even on a P4.
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 23:11
well, I don't think it would be that slow. It is entirly possible... but that looks like an amazing game!

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2002 03:10
looks good... i'm sure someone could make this kinda game in darkbasic - would have to actually play it to know entirely how possible or how CLOSE it could come.
I mean effect wise, most PCs can't compare to the XBox because most people don't have GeForce4 Ti cards!
However effects are just for the eyes, no good for actual gameplay - unless its something like nitevision

when i first started to code on the PC again with DIV GameStudio almost 5years ago i was attempting to make an Isometeric version of MGS ... the final result turned out odd, kinda like Resident Evil on the GBA if you gave the user the range of motion that Max Payne has
fun non the less - would be nice to see someone achieve this kinda of game, as you're working on a Tenchu clone then i'm guessing your also into MGS alot as well

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2002 11:27
true, true, i've got a game i'm thinking of making thats gonna be in the same field as this one (much later though after Ninja Scroll), i'm gonna take it as a challenge to see if i can make it as good.

to live is to suffer, to survive, well, that's to find meaning in the suffering - DMX
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2002 22:41
well, judging from Ninja Scroll, it'll be good!

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2002 20:38
Splinter cell got a 9.6 / 10 average in the xbox magazine, the heighest score ever to be achieved by a game, as i said b4 this game is all that and a bag of chips!

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2002 00:08
9.6/10 highest score?? perhaps for the XBox mag...
Elite2 recieve 100% from CUamiga, a feat not beaten by ANY game since, from its spin off PC version PCGamer.
Those guys are oftenly brutal on games, anyone see their review of Neocron ... jebus! all i gotta say

However this game is pretty cool, the PC version isn't that far behind this (although they'd like you to think it is) - its on KaZaA for anyone who want to try it out, I think my machine and Zero's machines have it (our T1 Servers not our user machines)
There has been alot of attention to detail, especially in the item pickups. (^_^)
I can tell ya after TSO this is gonna be my next purchase, if Raven Shield doesn't beat it out.

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2002 02:28
i want that game... so bad... damn... nice

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 06:32:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 06:32:10