Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / Make image from memblock causes "playing" animated sprites to stretch

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2010 02:28
As the title suggests, when the command MAKE IMAGE FROM MEMBLOCK is called, it causes any sprite created from the CREATE ANIMATED SPRITE command to stretch vertically, but only if that sprite has had its scale affected by SCALE SPRITE or STRETCH SPRITE. It is quite odd, if you do not scale the sprite, the problem does not occur.
Also, if you do not use PLAY SPRITE to animate the sprite, the stretching won't happen so it is possible to bypass this issue manually looping through a sprites frames.

Here is the code that I am using to create this bug (update 1.074)

I have attached a simple program with source code and media that shows the bug, simply press the space-bar to call MAKE IMAGE FROM MEMBLOCK and see what it does to the sprites.

"What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion."

Attachments

Login to view attachments
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2010 13:51
Partial fix only at this stage in 7.5.

The sprite is now the correct size, but there is a problem with the UV's of the image displayed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 20:05:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 20:05:42