Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / Faster Intersect?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2010 18:27
Using DGDK.net, I can't use Sparky's Collision. Are there any tips for speeding up an intersect, it's dreadfully slow - 4 or 5 seconds per 600 intersects rather than a few milliseconds.

I'm intersecting with one object, and have the min and max range set as low as possible - within the bounds of my object.

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2010 15:16
Use a hidden lower detail mesh to intersect with. Alternatively, split the complex mesh up into chunks and do your own check to see if the line intersects with the bounding box for each chunk, before you do an intersect with the chunk itself.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2010 12:27
ah bounding box - forgot about that one, thanks. I already have the terrain broken down into 16 chunks so this will help. I have also sped it up a little by first checking the last terrain section used as this will be valid 80% of the time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 09:07:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 09:07:32