Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Asteroid Attack

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This started out as a 3d Re-make of asteroids, but then i added in an asteroid mining base to defend. its a very simple point and shoot game, but it includes fully destructible environment, and a laser .
The aim of the game is to shoot as many asteroids as you can and defend your mining base before you run out of life. You get points for asteroids shot, and bonus points for any buildings left standing.

There is no such thing as "Too Fast!"

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rapidrory
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh and here's a screen shot....

Attachments

Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2010 17:26
its very nice, but you might want to increase the look speed abit

Rapidrory
Years of Service
User Offline
look speed?

Rapidrory
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 15:59 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2010 20:27
I have now remade this game in real 3D! it looks pretty awesome ( i haven't yet converted the title screen fully, but its not a big problem..) You'll need a pair of red/blue glasses to hand to experience the 3Dness of it

Any comments on how it looks in 3D would be good, as i only have a pair of really poor home made 3D glasses, that don't have quite the right color lenses in.. it gives an idea of it, but doesn't give the full effect.

EDIT: Just updated a few things like the HUD...

I have Coursework to do and I can't stop playing it!!!

Attachments

Dr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 17:19
Fun game! I got 149 of the buggers before they killed me. Will DL the anaglyph version next. I have the glasses for it.

Dr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 17:29
The 3d effect worked well on the asteroids and ground, but not so much on the shots. Maybe they were too far in the foreground, or maybe it's because just white on black is confusing for the eyes and the "ghosted" bits due to the imperfection of the filters (or spread in the light emitted by the screen) become more pronounced. Not sure what you can do about this.

Like I say, works well on the asteroids. Also, framerate lower than the vanilla game, but I have quite an old PC, and I was running firefox at the same time.

Dragon Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2010 09:25 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2010 09:31
Agh didn't see you uploaded pictures, two secs checking it out and i'll edit this post

now it's 152KB instead of over a MEGABYTE :o

If you do this to all your art assets you'll save a HUGE amount of memory hope that helps for future projects.

The reason I didn't reduce the resolution was just to show you how much I could decrease the size without any major differences, reducing the resolution by half would literally have been a god send xD.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:02:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:02:00