Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Checkout this platformer demo.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow. Haven't posted here for a while! I had the urge to make a game, and I came up with this little demo. Most of the images are placeholders for now, and I hope to create more levels, but so far I'm pretty happy with it. Tell me what you think.

Read Ender's Game. And all its sequels.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
demons breath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2010 09:56
Hmmm I can't get it to compile (think it's just my computer playing up though).

Ooska
Years of Service
User Offline
I could have done something wrong making the zip....whats the procedure on that anyway? I need to have the final exe and the media right?
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I could have done something wrong making the zip....whats the procedure on that anyway? I need to have the final exe and the media right?"

If the media is in a separate folder yes. And the correct procedure after that is to put this in the WIP...

Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
@Ooska
It works for me. Just unzipped it and it ran. It seems like a decent start. The animation for the guy is pretty good. Is there any more to it at this point than just shooting the creature? I like the shells falling to the ground after you shoot. There's a bit of splatter and blood of the creature that falls that's not too bad. Overall it needs some work but it looks like you got the basic shooting and moving aspects down.

The only reason to make it into a final exe is if you don't want anyone to see your source code or if you want to distribute it. I prefer it like you uploaded it. It's a very small download. Converting it to an exe will add about 1.5 megs or more to it.

Enjoy your day.
Ooska
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2010 03:44 Edited at: 7th Jan 2010 03:44
Thanks Latch.
I managed to program some more advanced collisions. The platform here has two parts:
1.The top bit which the player can jump through but not fall through.
2.And the bottom part which stops the players horizontal movement.

The bottom part can be removed, if I need a 'floating' platform for whatever reason.
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2010 13:49
It works perfect Ooska !!..ha ha...reminds me old games time ago in the 1970´s when I was just a brat .The monster could be nicer but it made me the day

cheers.

learning every day

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 20:53:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 20:53:20