Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Little thing to ease your work

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2003 19:46
I can't find a truly proper forum for this -- but this one is the closest.

You see, I've written a little thing to ease the drudgery of DB coding. It's a little app that helps with keyboard input.

It's got:

+ Overview of all the ASCII codes
+ Overview of all the scancodes
+ Helps with writing keyboard input algorithm (you click on a key, and it's included in a template algorithm you can export to DBP).

The little app is written in VB6.

I could release it here if anyone was interested. Just let me know.

-----
They SAID that given enough time a million monkeys with typewriters could recreate the collected works of William Shakespeare... Internet sure proved them wrong.
-----
minkus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2003 06:58
release it now, and maybe sombody will download it and give you feedback... so post a link or something

They say I'm crazy
but theyre wrong
I'm actually REALLY crazy
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2003 19:55
Overview of all the scancodes? Hehe, please do

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball
Read It: http://www.angryflower.com/itsits.gif
Learn It: http://www.angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif
MicroMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2003 03:20
I will, but I've got to take plenty of time to feel miserable in bed because I'm down with the flue, and I just couldn't bother with coding right now. I've got too much fun being miserable. lol

I'll polish it a bit more and try to put it up in the coding area within a day or to, if I can.

-----
They SAID that given enough time a million monkeys with typewriters could recreate the collected works of William Shakespeare... Internet sure proved them wrong.
-----
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2003 04:50
I'd appreciate it. I'll be miserable a bit for you if you want

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball
Read It: http://www.angryflower.com/itsits.gif
Learn It: http://www.angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif
The Dark Padawan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2003 00:01
Make a DBC version too

"Nintendo is the best" and "DarkBasic is the best program for PC's"
MicroMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2003 06:40
Heh, I didn't want to mention it here, but for the code-part I've also decided to include the - erm - direct competition: i.e. VB, PBasic, Blitz Basic. Now I've just got to learn Blitz and PowerBasic first...

I'm just getting back into my usual state after my bout with the flu, and should have it done in a day or two. Then I'll have to find a place to host the software.

-----
-----
Terabyte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2003 11:11
"I can't find a truly proper forum for this -- but this one is the closest."
If its not up andd your still doing it the correct forum is the Work in progress forum

>>TerraByte. Putting the Byte back into Terragramming<< Life is like a sheet sandwich you take a bigger piece everyday.
MicroMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2003 06:59
Since it's _not written_ in DB Pro or DB Classic, I found that it probably suits NEITHER forum, so I just put it in the one I happened to end up in.

However, since it does tangetially touch Dark Basic, I did feel motivated to post it. Oh well...

-----
-----
The Dark Padawan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2003 00:13
You tricked me in a way

"Nintendo GameCube is the best" and " I am nearing the day I become a Jedi" - The Dark Padawan

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:53:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 04:53:23