Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [X9] Pioneering: Virtual Boonesborough

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2010 12:36 Edited at: 31st Jan 2010 12:56
Pioneering: Virtual Boonesborough

Intro:
This is a little bit of a late Xmas/Happy New Year freebie for this forum. This "game" is more like an interactive museum that I am giving away with copies of my game Pioneering: Explore the Early American West (commercial). Of course I am not going to expect anyone here to pay for the commercial game in order to get this so I'm releasing it to the forum for free (it will continue to be a packaged freebie only on the official website).

As for the actual game, Virtual Boonesborough is a reconstruction of one of the first frontier settlements in what is now the state of Kentucky. Founded by one of the country's most famous pioneers, Daniel Boone, in 1775. Boonesborough was the site of several sieges and various violent clashes with the Indian tribes of the Ohio Valley (Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio) and the area now known as Tennessee. This game is not a shooter (there are no weapons) but is instead something of an interactive adventure that sees the player searching for pieces of historic information in order to open new areas to explore.

Developer:
Chidem/Thehistoryforge.com

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jemg2tyzqmy

Additional Info:
In the spirit of supporting the community if anyone wants the full commercial version of Pioneering: Explore the Early American West please send me a message - I won't post the link here as it is still a commercial product and I already have trouble with piracy but I'm happy to share it with the community

Pioneering: Explore the Early American West - Website: http://www.thehistoryforge.com
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2010 13:09
Ok, cool! I will e-mail you. This looks very cool. I always liked Pioneering. I actually voted it on the VBOTB. Twice.

chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Cheers Metal Devil - you are welcome to a copy

Pioneering: Explore the Early American West - Website: http://www.thehistoryforge.com
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2010 18:31
Great media, light placement has been aced and is so simple

-PwP

Go to my website, if I get enough members, I will buy a domain and appoint more moderators
chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Great media, light placement has been aced and is so simple"

Thanks PW, much appreciated!

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 12th Jan 2010 20:54
Hey, I am going to try this out, and as SOON as I have money in my Paypal I will buy it.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2010 02:59
Nice work Chidem. We love history, and you did a great job on this project. You've certainly captured the "spirit" of the time period. Cathy and I will be taking a "net-stroll" over to your site for more info.

Cheers

Mike

Cherd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2010 21:20
the game is great, the media is original and well developed and the idea behind it is orginal also. The shadows are a bit heavy but that's a minor thing, brilliant game.

chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for all the feedback guys, it's really appreciated. I am thinking about creating a series of these mini-games and selling for a reduced rate on my website (this will still be free here though). Not sure what locations the other ones will recreate. Possibly colonial Detroit or maybe something totally different such as a Scottish castle (I can use some new media that way). I've also considered a pirate themed game but I think I'd like that to be a bigger game and they take alot of time to make; which is the issue - I hate not finishing games. Though I am tempted to try my hand at a pirate game...hmmmm...what do you think?

uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2010 13:49
i want 2 play this in history

I wuv uzis
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2010 00:06
Well, I just had a thought to improve this. Add shrubbery around, not overdosed, like on the outskirts of the fences. Not like the player would stare at them, but it's a subconcious sorta thing I think it could make a big difference in the look of the outdoor environments

-PwP

New Site is up! Go check it out!
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Good work! I saw my canoe in the river. LOL It is as it should be you were the inspiration for it.

chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "i want 2 play this in history"

I have considered possibly trying to market a game like this to schools but I wouldn't know where to start - and it would probably take alot of work as well - but I will think about it

Quote: "Well, I just had a thought to improve this. Add shrubbery around, not overdosed, like on the outskirts of the fences. Not like the player would stare at them, but it's a subconcious sorta thing I think it could make a big difference in the look of the outdoor environments"

That's a great idea - I hadn't thought about that before but I dare say you are right. I think it's easy to get caught up the larger details at the expense of the smaller ones

Quote: "Good work! I saw my canoe in the river. LOL It is as it should be you were the inspiration for it.
"

I love the canoe model! I spent a good day trying to work out a script that would allow me to create an on the rails section in the canoe but for the life of me I just couldn't get the canoe to move with the camera The model is fab though

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I spent a good day trying to work out a script that would allow me to create an on the rails section in the canoe but for the life of me I just couldn't get the canoe to move with the camera"

You could asked me for the help with that. I used it like a antigrav platform and it work fine for something like that. Just to let you know I am building some stuff with cosmic prophet that would fit your games perfectly. Send me an email and let me know if you are interested.

chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You could asked me for the help with that. I used it like a antigrav platform and it work fine for something like that. Just to let you know I am building some stuff with cosmic prophet that would fit your games perfectly. Send me an email and let me know if you are interested."

That's interesting. I was hoping that it could be scripted so that the player couldn't move/fall out. Do you suppose that is a possibility? I'll drop you an email tonight

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2010 20:42
This is nice. Maby some day you should make a limited/unlimited thing where you could buy all teh mini games in one bick pack (like orange box) and sell it woth good price.

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2010 04:24
Wolf has a tropical weed pack on FPSC-Portal. You have to mess with the scripts but they are great! Just make sure the transparency is 2 and they're dynamic and have a nocol script

-PwP

New Site is up! Go check it out!
chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "This is nice. Maby some day you should make a limited/unlimited thing where you could buy all teh mini games in one bick pack (like orange box) and sell it woth good price. "

That's a good idea - I'll definately bear it in mind

Quote: "Wolf has a tropical weed pack on FPSC-Portal. You have to mess with the scripts but they are great! Just make sure the transparency is 2 and they're dynamic and have a nocol script"

Thanks for the tip, I'll need to check it out

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2010 15:05
Did you get my email I sent you a week ago or so?

chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Did you get my email I sent you a week ago or so?"

Nothing's come through? Which address did you send it to? Try sales@thehistoryforge.com

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2010 15:31
Ok, thanks! I used the MSN one, I thougt maby you had the same on both.

chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
No, I don't even check the msn one any more

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Chidem, I'd love the link for Pioneering. I never could figure out how to get to the other area past the locked house in the demo (I climbed a mountian and saw there was a huge area beyond but couldn't get to it). I'm about 1/2 way through your book now. Perfect reading while waiting for files to process!

This one is looking good too, btw.
chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hi Chidem, I'd love the link for Pioneering. I never could figure out how to get to the other area past the locked house in the demo (I climbed a mountian and saw there was a huge area beyond but couldn't get to it). I'm about 1/2 way through your book now. Perfect reading while waiting for files to process!

This one is looking good too, btw. "

Thanks Errant! Really glad you're enjoying the book - feel free to leave a review on amazon! (joking, of course) If you're enjoying it I think you'll really like the last document - it's a great view of life among the Indians from the inside out!

I'll email you the link now - do you want me to give you the spoiler on how to open that door?

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll be more than happy to leave a review when I've finished. I'd never realized the extent to which the Native Americans were used as a proxy force. Makes me wonder how things might have been different without the external manipulation. I really appreciate how you've edited and collated the material into something which has greater context and is easy to follow.

I'll give it another go without a spoiler
chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'll be more than happy to leave a review when I've finished. I'd never realized the extent to which the Native Americans were used as a proxy force. Makes me wonder how things might have been different without the external manipulation. I really appreciate how you've edited and collated the material into something which has greater context and is easy to follow."

I know, the relationship between whites and the Indians really was far more interesting and dynamic than most people realise. I have been trying to get an email off to you all day but it appears that my hosting company's server have all crashed so even I can't access my site - as soon as it's back up I'll fire a link over to you (and you too Metal Devil - once the website is up you'll have your link).

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2010 03:12
Before I try this one... did you finally get Multitalk working for you? That would be pretty neat to see

Gamrpro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2010 05:45
cool it looks like you did well from your screen shots 5/5
merlin for real
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2010 17:20
I guess I can not find the password to unlock the file to download. I would like to see this as it looks very worth the while. So if someone can pass me a clue as to what to do it would be much appreciated.

MrBill181
Years of Service
User Offline
This game is a real shock to me. I live about a mile from Fort Boonesborough. Did you know that there is a Civil War fort on the other side of the river? I never thought that someone would make a game based on my community. Thank you soo much.

MrBill181
chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2010 13:32 Edited at: 20th Nov 2010 13:39
Hi Folks - as you can probably guess from my lack of recent responses I have not been on this board for quite some time. I do apologise but life has simply conspired to keep me away from anything FPSC related! For those of you who have been trying to email me for your free copy of the game, I apologise for not making the instructions clearer. Email me at sales@thehistoryforge.com and I'll get a copy sent to you.

Quote: "This game is a real shock to me. I live about a mile from Fort Boonesborough. Did you know that there is a Civil War fort on the other side of the river? I never thought that someone would make a game based on my community. Thank you soo much.
"

Mr Bill - That's great. Obviously I have visited that area and it is great. I knew about the civil war fort and my wife went to visit but I was in Kentucky for the purposes of a conference that day and could not accompany her. Send me an email and I'll send you a free copy of the game

Also, click here is the trailer for the main game in the series (Pioneering: Explore the Early American West

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 21:50:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 21:50:59